X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego Buck Rogers Star Fighter toy

This week we take a look at one of the most iconic space ship toys of the 1970s, the Mego Buck Rogers in the 25th-century starfighter and talk a bit about Mego’s relationship with the license and why mego passed on Battlestar Galactica. Mego Museum Buck Rogers Gallery: Buck Rogers 3 3/4″ Action Figures Mego…

More...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I always liked the star fighter design. my little brother had this as a kid and I was jealous. I think I only ever had Tiger Man and the Draconian Guard for this line. I loved the look of the guards but that chest plate limited the arm movement too much

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

It's slick and so nice to see it almost "first-hand." Many of your videos are making me want to collect lines I'd passed by, curse you.

I like the Marauder, too--I had a model of that.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

funny. I was just browsing ebay looking at the line and trying to decide if I wanted to plunge down that rabbit hole.

I forgot I actually still have Twiki. he is in my Kenner SW display case

Comment

• toyhunter1970
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 24, 2020

nice i have one mint in box

Comment

• Myoldtoys
            Veteran Member
            • May 15, 2012

Like many of you, I am a big Star Wars, battlestar galactica, and buck rogers fan. I had toys from all three while growing up. The starfighter is arguably the coolest spaceship design. The Mego starfighter certainly had the looks. What it didn't have was a sturdy construction. Let me try to recall the order in which the parts broke off: first was the hinge for the cockpit. Dad bent some aluminum and used nuts and bolts to secure it. Then the front landing gear broke off. There was no fix for that. It was either stuck in for "landing" or left off for flight. Then the tabs on the wings broke off. Those got epoxied so they could not be removed. Then the edge of the cockpit broke. Then over time, the rear engine tip cracked from being taken on and off. Guess that is why you see so few for sale, and the ones that are complete are so expensive.

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I had the draconian ship. I did get a buck figure, but I remember how hard it was to find him but everybody else was common.

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

I always wanted this ship, never pulled the trigger.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Great video as always.

I had some version of this ship for a very short time, and I don't know why. I think maybe it was the Corgi, but it didn't stick around long.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Chris
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 23, 2009

Great video!!! Glad you pointed out the "blueprints". That is interesting they put that on the box. Thank you again for making the video. It was a pleasure to watch.
                    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎