Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Sorry to see that happen but I guess it's a common thing...but what better excuse than to rip him out of the box and play with him?
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Figures like Kirks, Hulks, Human Torches, Robins, Andorians, Keepers and others, along with 12" figures are often just timebombs waiting to blow off a knee joint with little warning or provocation, especially when going through the mail (even with just normal handling). It really might not be the sellers fault, when it left his hands, the joint might have been just almost ready to go, and a short, otherwise uneventful trip through the mail can finish the job. It just sucks with carded figures because you can't just replace the body or joint with a good one (without ripping the card open that is).

I just look at it as part of the Mego collecting game, but this is one reason why I don't collect carded figures. If I spent alot of money for one, and that happened, it would drive me absolutely nuts. I wouldn't be able to even look at it anymore without feeling ill.
      Last edited by cjefferys; May 14, '08, 6:55 PM.

Comment

• miguet
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 11, 2007

I appreciate eveyone's sharing their own stories on the situation. I hope I'll be able to work something out with the seller. I paid an additional cost to have the items insured.
        Last edited by miguet; May 14, '08, 6:33 PM.

Comment

• JPkempo
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 17, 2001

Althow it wasnt carded I had it happen to a Mugato. Tryed to get him to stand than pop.

Comment

• toystalker
            none
            • Mar 27, 2008

i wouldnt open it, its part of the collecting process, this happens.

not all forgotten toys are mint

if it was to be open, slice the blister repair the leg and put it back in?

Comment

• Bionic Joe
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 10, 2006

Bummer on the Kirk, I won an MOC PIN PIN BATMAN and he was like your Kirk, Lucky for me the seller took it back and sent me another one

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                Career Member
                • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by miguet
                I appreciate eveyone's sharing their own stories on the situation. I hope I'll be able to work something out with the seller. I paid an additional cost to have the items insured.
                Insurance is nice, but you'll have to surrender the item to the shipping co. You may get your $$ back after a while, but you'll loose the figure. They will not let keep it and get your $$$ back.

Just open it up carefully, fix him, and enjoy.

Lynn

Comment

• Megospidey
                  Museum Webslinger
                  • Jul 26, 2006

I'm the kind of person who couldn't stand to look at him busted up in the package. It would bother me everytime I looked his direction.

I would see if I could get a partial refund, send it back, and look for another Kirk. That's just my opinion.

Comment

• starsky
                    veteran member
                    • Aug 26, 2007

great excuse to bust kirk out and play with him..err .. i mean fix him and display him.

Comment

• miguet
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 11, 2007

Originally posted by Megospidey
                      I'm the kind of person who couldn't stand to look at him busted up in the package. It would bother me everytime I looked his direction.

I would see if I could get a partial refund, send it back, and look for another Kirk. That's just my opinion.
                      It would bother me too. I did request a partial refund from the seller and waiting for a reply.

Comment

• censy
                        thread killer
                        • Sep 26, 2007

ugh!

Sorry Michael. Its deflating to open a box and see a damaged figure. I hope the seller cooperates. On the plus side, nice looking, unpunched Spock.

Let us know how it turns out.

Chris

Comment

• dumbldor
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 9, 2002

Welcome to the broken knee (or insert other part like belt, elbow, etc) on card club. Sorry to hear about it, but it is part of the game.

Comment

• megoscott
                            Founding Partner
                            • Nov 17, 2006

We need a Pony Express type service for carded Megos. Guys in white shoes who carry them across country on pillows. Make up for the decline in values with crazy shipping costs.
                            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

After my seller gave me a partial refund - I opened him. Swithched the bad leg out and displayed a mint loose kirk. I sold the empty card and bubble for $5. (partial refund was $5 out of the $35 paid.)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎