X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Safe Cape stain removal

I have a Batman cape that has a white paint mark. I was thinking it was drywall but water won't remove it. The cape material is really thin so I'm afraid to mess with it.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Would a dab of paint thinner work? put a little on a Q-tip and rub.

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Have you tried soaking it soapy warm water with something like dawn in it? I'd give it a soak for about an hour and see how that does and it's much less harsh. then maybe take a soft toothbrush to it to loosen up the mark.

Comment

• Majere
        Banned
        • Apr 17, 2016

I got a NICE Six Million Dollar Man figure (and Maskatron) awhile back, that had a few stains in his clothing. I let the clothing soak in white vinegar and water for about 30 minutes, and then gently rubbed the stains out with a wash cloth. Then I hung everything out to dry.

The clothes looked brand new when I was done. No stains anywhere, and they even felt like they'd been starched. I'd recommend something like this at first. Vinegar isn't harsh like other cleaning solvents, but it works wonders.

A final step I took was to wrap the clothes in a fabric softener sheet and seal them in a ziplock bag for 24 hours to make sure no residual vinegar smell remained. An overall amazing result, I'd say. I was really pleased with the way the figure turned out.

(I can give you some advice on cleaning figures and getting dull ones back to that factory shine, if you're interested as well.)

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎