X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKotK
    Career Member
    • Mar 11, 2014

New design on Zoloworld 8" Mego clamshells

So, I just ordered 8 Zoloworld clamshells to house my 8" ST Aliens figures, and to my surprise they have been re-designed since the last ones I bought (which are currently holding my ST crew and Klingon figures). The new clamshells are not quite as tall, which is nice...the old ones left about 2-3" of empty space above the top of the card that was useless to me. Yet they're still plenty tall enough for the slightly taller 2nd wave Aliens cards. The cases are also not quite as wide from front to back now, which is also nice - not so much wasted space in front of the figure's bubble as before. They have also made the bubble section symmetrical, whereas the old ones were off-center a bit with more bubble on the right side and more flat on the left. The new ones now have two "feet" on the bottom rather than one, which makes standing the cases up on their own that much easier. And the new cases seem to fit together better overall and definitely close up tighter than the old ones did.

Basically, I'm really pleased with the new design on the new Zoloworld clamshells. I heartily recommend them to anyone seeking this type of case for your carded Mego 8" collection.

Unfortunately, the down side for me is I already invested in 6 of the old kind and now wish hadn't! It's not that they're bad cases either; it's just that now my display is mismatched. At least the separation is between the first wave and 2nd/3rd wave ST figures.

--SKot
    Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

pictures?
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• SKotK
      Career Member
      • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
      pictures?
      I'll see if I can do some comparing the old and the new ones; I know people would like to see them.

--SKot
      Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎