X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Up Close: Plastic Man by Figures Toy Company

Mego fans know that the World’s Greatest Toy Company planned a figure of Jack Cole’s creation thanks to his popularity on Saturday morning TV but it didn’t happen. Sure there was the Elastic figure but those are expensive and known to explode, so he doesn’t count.

So naturally, we were delighted when Figures Toy Company announced the first ever 8″ Plastic Man action figures would be in the Mego styleas part of their fist fighting Super Powers Wave 4.

If you like this figure it is available at our sponsor Entertainment Earth. You can follow them on Twitter @EntEarth and using the hashtag #ICollectatEE makes them smile.

That being said, like all Mego Museum Up Close Photo Reviews, the real proof is the photos, take a look for yourself and see!

Mego fans know that the World’s Greatest Toy Company planned a figure of Jack Cole’s creation thanks to his popularity on Saturday morning TV but it didn’t happen. Sure there was the Elastic figure but those are expensive and known to explode, so he doesn’t count. So naturally, we were delighted when Figures Toy Company…Read more →
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I really enjoy these up close spots. They can help push us over the fence if we're sitting on it.

Cannot wait for my Plasticman to arrive. He's one of the best made re-mego's yet IMO.

I plan to put him on a vintage T1 with Tarzan type leggings.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Yeah i think the figures great and Mego probably wouldn't have done the Flesh Leggings in 1980 but I'm probably going to add them as well.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        I really enjoy these up close spots. They can help push us over the fence if we're sitting on it.

I agree, I like these photo threads. I appreciate the extra info.

And I think leggings are needed, too. I still do think, considering FTC's nice screened suits, that a onesie version would look cool, also.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

I dunno - if all the flash was trimmed off of the body, it would look pretty smooth, pun intended. I guess a flesh suit would definitely help tuck that away as well with a vintage vibe as well. I dig the head sculpt.

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

thank you very much for the post!!

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

I put him in a Tarzan suit because the toes really bothered me. Worked pretty good!
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^Boot-feet, maybe?
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• torgospizza
                  Theocrat of Pan Tang
                  • Aug 19, 2010

Yeah, we never really see Plas have toes, even though he doesn't wear boots or shoes, so the leggings are a great idea.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

This is one of the nicer looking FTC figures, but yeah, he needs those leggings. Great head sculpt, though!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Appreciate all the feedback on this one, I was flirting with not posting it because it was just one figure. Glad i did.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 18, 2006

Plas looks great, I think I'll add a snap at the back of the neck, and maybe add the leggings too. the Mego body always did look a little too lean when it's not covered up.
                        Last edited by Spyweb007; Apr 15, '16, 10:57 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                          Permanent Member
                          • Sep 15, 2014

From reading these comments Tarzan's undersuit just doubled in price. I would sock Plastic man in the face if he were real but I don't have a problem with FTC's design and execution.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎