X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wyatterb
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 2, 2001

Kane County Show this weekend

Anybody heading to St. Charles, IL for the Kane County toy show this weekend? I'm unfortunately booked solid all weekend and will have to miss this one. I've spent enough Mego money recently anyway that has already cut into my Mego Meet funds.

If you've never been to the Kane County show or if you're on the fence about going, then I highly recommend that you check it out. There are plenty of great Mego deals to be found.
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

DITTO

I will try to go with my son Kyle. He still enjoys the show. Hope it doesn't rain or snow. Yuch!
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• starsky
      veteran member
      • Aug 26, 2007

i've always heard how awesome this show is but never had the chance to go. anybody score anything- mego or non mego?

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I scored a bag of 8" figures in varying states for $25, an Inivisible Girl Barbie for my daughter, a MIB Dorothy for $5 and some JLU for my son. It was a really good show though, lots to see everywhere you went. I'll have some pics of some of the cooler things I saw tomorrow on plaid stallions but I couldn't resist sharing with you a picture of some VERY RARE COLLECTIBLES on sale:

The seller wanted 5 for the heroes and 10 for Kirk/Spock, which is bizarre. Some of the guys had fun with him, I was wearing my megomuseum t shirt so I couldn't join in.

Did anyone find any museum cards at the show? I was trying my darndest to spread them out. Tell me somebody found one.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kolmaravenue1
          • Oct 7, 2007

I didn't find any cards. Unfortunately, the show was noticeably smaller this time around. It "only" had 3 outdoor rows, the doll building, and the indoor pavillion. Huckabone wasn't there this time either. There were a couple of dealers with mego product, but nothing to write home about. It was a good time with some very good deals to be had, but I only walked out with some jlu 3 packs, and vhs tapes of snow white and the lion king (I have a 2 year old).

Comment

• dumbldor
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 9, 2002

The show seems to get smaller every year, but I thought the content overall was better than last October with the exception that Mark did not set up. Still had a great time watching my friends scoop up some cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎