X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Star Trek Returns Twice Plus Captain Action News

A new addition to our growing department store catalog archive is this Sears 1980 Catalog Page featuring the return of the 8" Star Trek line. Even though Mego had stopped producing the figures in 1977, they made a return to Sears by the late seventies on what many call the "Blank Back Cards" (check the Museum Star Trek pages for more info).

You'll also notice a weird playset on this page, it's actually a recording studio playset for 12" Fashion dolls that has been all "spaced up" so to speak and is not a Mego product.

Speaking of Star Trek returning, our own Roberto (Aka Blue Meanie) has shared some terrific photos of the EMCE toys Star Trek display at this past weekend's New Yory City Comic Con, click here to see more.

Roberto also reports on the Cast-A-Way Captain Action display at last weekend's Comic Con and was very impressed, check out his thoughts on Captain Action, Doctor Evil and the Phantom here.

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

OMG! I have that Sears Mission Control set! You're right, it's not meant for Megos, but the back drop is cool. Turned over, it's a recording studio for Barbies. (I love it for my Michael Jackson and Shaun Cassidy dolls!) This is one of my fave playsets that my kids and I enjoy today!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Too bad that spaced up recording studio wasn't Mego, they could've used that console with the transporter room
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

That Sulu is REALLY well done. I'm looking forward to finally adding him to my bridge crew.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎