Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Do you suppose they'll sell the boxes separately? I have a nice Aquaman that I have in a repro box from 15 years ago and I'd love a nice box to put it in.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

^they sell cards separately, so I'd say give it a few months.

They won't be exact replicas since they can't use the WGSH and Mego logos or Marvel images. Eventually, they need to make it their own color scheme and art choices. A red Superman or blue Batman box would be a nice option.

Comment

• Moxen
        Museum Patron
        • Nov 6, 2016

I would love to see the Marvel figures re-released like this! I assume licensing issues stop that from happening, what with the trickle of Diamond figures.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

This is what I was hoping for the most from FTC. I really hope they don't release these with short boxes and the figures crunched down like the pic. Really hope some of FTC original DC characters get released in window boxes too. Maybe even Conan and Tarzan.

Comment

• tiinacat
            Museum Patron
            • Feb 4, 2015

Been waiting for this but if mr mixy can't even stand even, oh well, nothing to see here.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

The effort and idea just to do this is appreciated, but it does look like the boxes seem a little short to pose the
              the figure with the knee bend, especially GA but maybe that's probably because he's packaged wearing the hat?
              and it looks more obvious.

Hopefully the box manufacturer didn't incorrectly miss measure the box measurements, since that would defeat
              the purpose of the whole thing.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

CTVT's previous repro boxes (pirates, knights, etc.) were all smaller/shorter.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

The deep knee bends kill me, too funny.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

I like them but not a fan of the deep knee bends as others have mentioned. Are they going to be sold separately or all together?
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by ScottA
                      I like them but not a fan of the deep knee bends as others have mentioned. Are they going to be sold separately or all together?
                      Looking at the pic again, Riddler seems to be almost straight-legged, and only the top of his head is hidden. I'm wondering if it's possible to put them in a spread-legged stance and have them completely viewable through the window?

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by warlock664
                        Looking at the pic again, Riddler seems to be almost straight-legged, and only the top of his head is hidden. I'm wondering if it's possible to put them in a spread-legged stance and have them completely viewable through the window?
                        This is what I am hoping too. But I still have my concerns.

Fun newsletter as always! Love checking out the newsletter every Friday. Most of the time I find things I missed on the forum. The rare times I don't, I know I'm cookin.

Comment

• Gumby01
                          • Dec 7, 2015

I've always loved the Mego boxed versions. Great look and a space saver as well. However, if FTC doesn't correct the boxes (and those are the actual releases), I might have to pass. If FTC hopes to move some of their older figures with this method, I would suggest making sure these boxes display the figures without the need to shortened the figures. It's not a difficult task in my opinion.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

I hope " right down to the last detail " means the ladies will have clear headbands too.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Freshly-squeezed

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Well I can't wait for reviews to come in on these boxes. Feast or famine.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎