X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
    I, if anyone, understand what you're saying. Every time a new Diamond Select Marvel set comes out, my first thought is usually "Well, I can't wait to see why I'm an a**hole this time...".
    Yeah, I thought you of all folks could see the irony.

My issue was simply with the term "Big Head Police". I didn't like the connotations.
    I sincerely doubt it was pointed at you but i get what you're saying.

Maybe it's cause of what I do but it just feels like Ragnarok of complaining these days. When i posted a DareDevil photo review (where I'm careful not to be biased) seconds later I got a missive "I failed to point out this fatal flaw" it was something to do with the window box and it totally sucked all joy out of the set for this person. They were clearly upset. I couldn't believe the first thing I read was a harsh critique on such a minor issue that i didn't even really notice, i just couldn't see his point.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
      I sincerely doubt it was pointed at you but i get what you're saying.
      It was just a general comment and I shouldn't have took offense to it, but I did. I find myself having a difficult time walking the line between collector and creator. Should I chime in if I don't like something even though I know how many things can go wrong behind the scenes? And if I do complain, I better be sure I don't make the same mistake on my work. Am I just opening myself up to even more scrutiny? I really want all of these figures to be awesome, and I get disappointed when they don't live up to my standards. Standards that I place on myself and my own work. Standards which are likely much different than the average collector.

I know I've been a pest about head sizes on FTC's board, and I realized it at some point and really tried to stop myself from doing it. Sometimes I slip up. Sorry about that.

Hey, that was almost like therapy! I feel better already.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

It was just a general comment and I shouldn't have took offense to it, but I did. I find myself having a difficult time walking the line between collector and creator. Should I chime in if I don't like something even though I know how many things can go wrong behind the scenes? And if I do complain, I better be sure I don't make the same mistake on my work. Am I just opening myself up to even more scrutiny? I really want all of these figures to be awesome, and I get disappointed when they don't live up to my standards. Standards that I place on myself and my own work. Standards which are likely much different than the average collector.

I know I've been a pest about head sizes on FTC's board, and I realized it at some point and really tried to stop myself from doing it. Sometimes I slip up. Sorry about that.

Hey, that was almost like therapy! I feel better already.
        Hey I apologize for the term. I said it loosely and didn't mean for it to be taken personal by anyone. I should have picked my words better. More coffee in the morning before I start typing!!! Nothing but love here my friend. We're all on the same team.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
          Hey I apologize for the term. I said it loosely and didn't mean for it to be taken personal by anyone. I should have picked my words better. More coffee in the morning before I start typing!!! Nothing but love here my friend. We're all on the same team.
          No, please don't apologize! You did nothing wrong, I made a giant mistake. I could use more coffee apparently as well!

Let's just raise a drink to Mego!

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Amen to that!!!

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I think Batman turned out really well.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I think that all look great.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• greensavage2000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 9, 2013

Thanks for the newsletter. It's always full of good stuff. This week was no exception.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Bibbed for your pleasure - http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...7&e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Super Friends 4 ! They all look great!
                      Fantastic Newsletter as always!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Great newsletter of course, and the SF figures look good...although I'm not sold on Cheetah's cloth cowl. Unless it's removable (which I doubt) seems a bit odd. The rest look dead-on!
                        sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

I dig that Toyman. Is he really on a new skinny body, or is he on a KISS/Korak body? Either way, it looks cool.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

Exciting news but it appears I fell off the email list.
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Great newsletter! It was a awesome week on the forum for all things Mego. Really like the next installment of the Superfriends. FTC is rocking and rolling! Looking forward to the KISS figures though. Hope those are around the corner.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 26, 2009

Super Friends 4 is Super! 1st look at Cheetah! Her cloth cowl is a surprise but nice. Would be cool if it was removeable with blonde rooted Hair underneath like Priscilla Rich Cheetahs alter ego has. I doubt that though.

Super Friends 3 and 4 are scheduled for mid and late October! Earlier than I Expected!

I hope SF 5 all Legion of Doom wave is shown soon and arrives in 2016.

Then we need SF 6 with Black Manta, Solomon Grundy, Grodd, and Giganta to finish Legion!

And still Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Atom, and Rima in a Wave!

70s Saturday mornings dreams come true!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎