X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by tjacwave50
    Almost forgot, someone would have to make up some custom stickers for these vans, depending on
    who the van is for, looks likes a cool profit for someone.
    I think PMWasson (Laser Mego) said he was going to make stickers!!
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
      I think PMWasson (Laser Mego) said he was going to make stickers!!

And I am excited for this because my stickers always suck.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

This week's edition - get it while it's hot http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...3&e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

WOW, early morning edition today! Great work as always. FTC actually went all yellow with Flash's symbol! Show accurate! I like the Batman head, but I await the throng of "it's too big!" posts. Unfortunately, they'll be right.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

You know it's fascinating to say but it NEVER occurred to me that the Flash's emblem was all yellow in the cartoon. I really didn't think about it. I guess it was one of those things where I saw enough animated mistakes, it never occurred to me to think that was an intended design on the character. Interesting. I think Batman can get away with it although I still think it's more the face than the head here. I like him though. But Captain Cold's face IS a harder sell for me. That is VERY big, especially with him wearing a hood that is in scale with the body. That places more emphasis on the facial scale discrepancy. The Riddler is perfect. Everything hits the right spot there. I'll nab Batman and Riddler here. Kind of have mixed feelings on the Flash. I already like what they came out with, so I'm kind of married to that idea right now.
            Last edited by MIB41; Sep 2, '16, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

Barman's head is painted really well but it's way to large for his body. it's the same thing with Evil Batman and a deal breaker for me.
              I wanted to collect the Super Friends but now Ill stick with the classic versions. Big head police or whatever, I am a COLLECTOR and these are collectables.
              Last edited by wise guy; Sep 2, '16, 7:27 AM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

This is funny. "Big Head Police?" Let's face it, there is no legitimate reason that "Big Head Police" should even exist.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^Agreed. FTC really should have learned by now. Early on, I'll give them some growing pains. But these issues should have been addressed and corrected by now. $30 a pop isn't Hot Toys or even Mezco, but it's still enough cash to demand some quality control.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

They designs look great...but this has got to stop already. Do they see bobble heads as part of their signature look?

That Batman is dispiriting. What a great overall look for a figure I've always wanted and he looks more like Funko than Mego.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      ^Agreed. FTC really should have learned by now. Early on, I'll give them some growing pains. But these issues should have been addressed and corrected by now. $30 a pop isn't Hot Toys or even Mezco, but it's still enough cash to demand some quality control.

Chris
                      It's certainly not the fault of the fan who would like the new figures to be compatible with the original figures as well as being aestheticly pleasing.
                      Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Sep 2, '16, 7:56 AM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

That is easily my favorite Batman figure ever made from any toy line. That is Batman to me. Always loved the black forehead on the cowl.
                        Riddler is a home run, Cold not so much (sticking with my Mattel Cold).
                        Love the accuracy of Flash but like Tom, I'm on the fence. Every Flash figure I've seen has yet to nail it for me.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          It's certainly not the fault of the fan who would like the new figures to be compatible with the original figures as well as being aestheticly pleasing.
                          Agreed, however I would like to point out two things a) the figure isn't out yet and there is a good chance it won't look like this, (by my count, it's been 50/50 with the prototype to end result). Lots of things get blown out of proportion only to not happen. Every time we get a proto shot of anything, it gets heated.

b) there are some folks here who post only to complain. We don't make these toys, griping them about them here can only go so far, especially when it's done ad nauseum and in every thread, it tends to grind on people's nerves. The sky can't always be falling can it?

I'm not saying that we all have to sing "Everything is awesome" (hate to be accused of being a "Stepford wife" again) but there is such a thing as taking it too far. It's a frigging Batman dolly.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

I would like to add, it's not like I don't get the criticisms here. I just think it's a forgone conclusion that making these figures have proven to be an imperfect science. No one mass producing figures at this scale are batting 100%. No one. And the factory mistakes have touched virtually every portion of the product - Ill-sized heads; poorly tailored outfits; poorly designed retro boxes that don't showcase the figure correctly; Heads that don't seat on bodies properly; sloppy paint jobs; zealous factory workers with glue guns; pale pigment on bodies; broken figures straight out of the package; bodies with painted flesh tones on the limbs that don't match the rest of the body. I think I've about covered every company in the business who owns one or more of these problems. And for many of these companies, they're either not making retro figures much these days or in limited capacity. But I can bet that every one of them came into this with a true love of the Mego line wanting to make the best product they could. Why take such a financial risk if you don't?

I think FTC just gets a bigger target placed on their back because they generate so much more product. Perhaps because of that, some of these production issues seem more frequent. But they put out allot of product where I never see head size as an issue. And many times the prototype does not represent the final product. So I don't think it's something they consciously disregard as some seem to suggest. I've met these people. I know they will be the first to be upset should the factory screw up because they spent months in that board room designing this stuff, plus it's their investment on the line. They want it right and they have a number of people always trying to make things better and be more inventive in making a good product. That seems to get lost quickly in these discussions. So this kind of "they don't care" attitude really has no basis in truth. I understand people's frustration and I don't believe anyone should be mum when they see something they don't like. I said as much in my own response. I just think these sweeping statements against the company as if they mean to do these things is not giving the matter it's due consideration and contributes to the decay of the hobby.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                              Agreed, however I would like to point out two things a) the figure isn't out yet and there is a good chance it won't look like this, (by my count, it's been 50/50 with the prototype to end result). Lots of things get blown out of proportion only to not happen. Every time we get a proto shot of anything, it gets heated.

b) there are some folks here who post only to complain. We don't make these toys, griping them about them here can only go so far, especially when it's done ad nauseum and in every thread, it tends to grind on people's nerves. The sky can't always be falling can it?

I'm not saying that we all have to sing "Everything is awesome" (hate to be accused of being a "Stepford wife" again) but there is such a thing as taking it too far. It's a frigging Batman dolly.
                              I, if anyone, understand what you're saying. Every time a new Diamond Select Marvel set comes out, my first thought is usually "Well, I can't wait to see why I'm an a**hole this time...".

I don't even have an issue with the figure since I'm not buying it anyway.

My issue was simply with the term "Big Head Police". I didn't like the connotations.

And what should that mean to me? Nothing. It was probably just a throw away phrase. So, in light of that, I apologize. Perhaps I got off on the wrong foot.
                              Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Sep 2, '16, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Godzilla
                                Permanent Member
                                • Nov 3, 2002

I don't think I say enough how much I enjoy getting these newsletter every Friday. They are always packed with cool stuff and great to point out when I've missed something on the forums.
                                Mortui Vivos Docent
                                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎