Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

I liked the ideas for these vans when first announced.
    Here is my list from least to most favorite, along with my comments.
    (I wouldn't be surprised to find it works the most to least favorite for others here.)

Mobile Batman Lab: While my least favorite of the four, I have no doubt it will be popular. It's a great reproduction piece.

TT Beach Cruiser Van: While I wasn't sure about the concept at first announcement. This is a beautiful design that goes well with the original 4 TT. Just needs a teen size Robin, and it's the 60s/70s all over again.

Metropolis Mobile News Room: This is one of my favorites because of how it works with the Daily Planet characters, and the accessories available at CTVT.

GCPD Prisoner Transport: My favorite really only works with the villains. I like the idea of making two GCPD officers and accessorizing out the van with what's available at CTVT.

As for the next four I would like to see: Joker Mobile, Superfriends Van (for Wendy, Marvin and Wonderdog), Metropolis City Police Van, Mystery Machine.
    IMO there are some of these WB characters that FTC is doing that would work well with these vans, and others that I don't see working at all. Johnny Quest seems like a good idea, but sadly I fear things like Super Van, Wonder Van, Flash Van. Seriously the only WGSH I can see this working with would be a Shazam Van due to the TV show. I also fear things like Penguin Van, Catwoman Van and Riddler Van.
    I hope these vans do well for FTC. I'd love to see a second wave.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

This would be cool:
      Attached Files
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I could go for a Monkees van, it would be a great idea, and instead of an included figure, how about some instruments?

GCPD van is my favorite, I might buy that one, and pick up a loose 66 Chief O'Hara to go with it.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

What a GREAT IDEA! Love the Monkees Van concept. That would be a really nice addition to the FTC collection. Nice approach pmwasson!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'd love a Monkee's Tour van like that.

Also, aside from the Jokermoblile, how about a Shazam! camper, with exclusive Uncle Dudley/Mentor?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Also, aside from the Jokermoblile, how about a Shazam! camper, with exclusive Uncle Dudley/Mentor?
              BRILLIANT idea! I would buy that one for sure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^ Lol Thank you. I'm lobbying hard for Shazam! items; I want the Wizard in the Rock of Eternity (a reworked Batcave), too.

Long live Captain Marvel!
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 30, '16, 5:42 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Repurpose it as the Batmobile Parachute Pick-Up Service van. The tv show one was a Dodge, but a good way to get more mileage out of the van mold.
                  Last edited by thunderbolt; Jul 31, '16, 4:12 AM.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne

The TV show camper was a linchpin for production costs.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, a bit clever and very cheap when you think about it.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by pmwasson
                        This would be cool:
                        I was thinking of a Monkees Van as well. Seems like a natural. Thanks for the pic.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

I know this might sound corny to some but since we're talking about vehicles and figures current and new,
                          anyone like to see the Partridge Family figures with checkered school bus?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                            I know this might sound corny to some but since we're talking about vehicles and figures current and new,
                            anyone like to see the Partridge Family figures with checkered school bus?
                            Yes please!

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

How about the A-Team and van? I'd love to do even a custom set if I had the time and cash.

Comment

• harvestcrusader
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jul 10, 2015

The Reb Brown CAP Van from the 70's

[IMG]http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/eclivery44/TVCaptainAmerica*****inVan_zpsfo2zjoqi.jpg[/IMG]
                                Last edited by harvestcrusader; Aug 2, '16, 11:39 PM. Reason: cant see image

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎