• Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

God help me, I know that clip comes from Challenge of the Super Friends: "The Time Trap". I need help.

Some great stuff in this week's newsletter, as always. Thanks to everyone who contributes! It's always a nice cap to the week!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

News is out, and it's got THIS:

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I swear Pa Kent still looks like Les Nessman. We need a Johnny Fever figure now.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^My God he DOES!!! That being said, they are pretty close to the classic Kurt Schaffenberger look for the Kents from the 80s New Adventures of Superboy series.

Not sure about Superboy's teeth, but other than that, these look nice.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I agree about the Colgate smile Superboy, but I'm liking the Lex Luthor and Ma and Pa Kent, gotta love
                those eyeglasses, these will be a neat pick up and all I would be waiting for is the Daily Planet news van.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I think, all things considered, this Superman wave looks pretty good.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

This week - http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...e&e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

I felt the solid box idea would be hitting the horizon pretty soon but am disappointed to see them using the molded cowl and painted mask versions instead of the more predominant RC and RM versions in this style. That and the white carded packaging makes it register too much like a standard repro. Plus if they place the EC tag on the package showing the specific production number, it's defaced the box. But I am glad FTC is examining all the various packaging vintages. I assume the picture windows will be last.
                      Last edited by MIB41; Jul 22, '16, 6:15 AM.

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

^^^^
                        This.
                        Not surprised these are coming, but disappointed they didn't go with the RC/RM variants.

Comment

• rodkeith
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 16, 2008

I'll wait for the picture-window boxes, which are at the core of my childhood Mego memories. Never cared for the solid boxes-- I can't enjoy the figure if I can't see it! Glad for those who want these though.

On another note, I like that the newsletter points out the new Mezco offerings, for those that haven't seen them yet.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

no RC Bats, no sale for me. And it looks like you have to buy the 130 dollar set, too. Really lame and pretty expensive for inaccurate repros.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

I really do like these, but I don't remember Mego making this kind of box, the first box was a solid brown box
                              with no way of knowing which character was inside, shoppers were opening them to see which hero it was.

Because of this, they made the window boxes with box art, which is my first remembrance, then the cardbacks
                              I'm not sure if FTC will make window boxes since with these boxes, you already know which hero is inside,
                              you just can't see the figure inside, if they were going to make window boxes, why bother wasting time and money
                              on thirds boxes first?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Those are modeled on the first boxed figures, people still opened them to see what was inside of them. That's when the window boxes came into production, to stop the box destruction. GI Joe went 10 years or so without this issue and used solid boxes.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎