• Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Those are nice looking figures. Small quibbles but I like them, and think they could be big sellers for FTC. But I am more than a little bummed there is no Hermione. Wasn't she mentioned originally as being part of the upcoming assortment?

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

The Potter figures look great. Probably the best likenesses so far. Hope the line sells well to support a wide array of characters.

This would be the perfect line for Action Jackson-type costume packages for Hogwarts robes and quiditch equipment/brooms and deatheater robes to go with the figures.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

I just want to say that I find myself looking forward to seeing out the newsletter every friday morning. I'm sure it's a lot of work and I appreciate it!

I'm not a big Harry Potter fan, but I like the clothes. Malfoys suit is cool. I have some old Happy Days figures, I'm going to make the first Ralph Malfoy ever!!!

BOOO!! That gag is too stupid, even for me.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

It's amazing, even though I have two children that enjoyed the series, I have almost no idea who any of these characters are.

Nice figures though and seeing how my son's high school has a "Harry Potter club" in 2016, a built in fan base for sure.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Oh, I think if marketed in the right places, they could sell a Metric TON of these. If they could only get peg space for them at the Harry Potter World in Universal Orlando. This is a rabid fan base. It may not be your average Mego collector's cup of tea, but if I were FTC, I would almost be more excited about the potential cash these could bring in versus old Mego repros.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

This week's Black Hole video is sublime. Gee whiz, that is wonderful! Why don't we all have Palomino's in our collection? And are they using a wicker wastebasket to metaphorically toss those figures into the "black hole"? Wonderful, delightful! This is my new favorite feature of the newsletter. A thousand thank you's!

Comment

• AcroRay
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 17, 2005

You're very welcome! ;-)

I think it's my favorite piece on the reel, and that says a lot.
                  Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                  AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                  The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                  Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

Cool news in the newsletter. I'm a bit surprised HP will be made in 2 different sizes. I get FB feeds from a company called, I think, StarAce so how is FTC also making 1:6 scale HP figures? If they can then so be it. I'm definitely going to back the HP line in Mego scale, not only because they're cheaper, but the quality of the sculpts is gonna be astounding with Danny The farrow A. behind it.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                      Mego obsessed!!!
                      • Jul 20, 2010

My family and I have never seen the movies nor read the books.
                      I only know which character is Harry Potter.
                      Maybe these figures will draw more attention to the Mego-style 8 inch format though.
                      They look good.
                      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

Big Potter fans at my household. These are a must have. Sad to not see Ms Grainger, but I hope she will be in a future assortment.

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

As much as Im surrounded by "dolls", I think I would feel a bit strange with HP ones

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

Harry Potter scale choices does not seem well thought out to me. If he and the rest of the kids are on 8 and 12inch bodies, what size can the adults be, but the same?

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                              Harry Potter scale choices does not seem well thought out to me. If he and the rest of the kids are on 8 and 12inch bodies, what size can the adults be, but the same?
                              Theses versions of the characters are modeled after their appearances in the final two films when they are 18 years old, so to me putting them on adult-size bodies isn't that big of deal. If more characters aren't made, it won't be an issue at all.

If younger versions of the characters are made, Titans bodies could be used for the kids.

Makes as much sense as Robin towering over Hulk and Thing back in the day.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                                Still Old School
                                • Feb 14, 2008

Enjoyed reading the newsletter this morning but spit my coffee out like Jack Tripper when I saw the quote read "a nice loose black hole".
                                I really have some maturity issues.
                                Lots of mego goodness in this one.
                                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎