X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
    Boat has landed, just waiting for customs to do their thing. Then a truck, then more customs, then we sell dolls to people.
    Where did the boat land? The west coast has really been congested lately, some of our customers have had some longer than normal waits getting stuff from Asia off the ship, clearing customs and loaded onto a truck or train. Hopefully your stuff will have a smoother trip, fingers crossed!

Comment

• ubermanx
      Career Member
      • Jul 3, 2013

Road trip to BC? I'm in

- Marty

Comment

• drmego
        EMCE Toys
        • Jun 15, 2001

After too long a delay in China, the Canucks are en route to Canada - if they haven't arrived already.
        www.drmego.com
        www.megoman.com
        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

IMG_20150106_140612.jpg

They're here and now on their way to Canuck HQ, we're figuring out a launch date. Museum peeps will learn first.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

That would go nicely next to Captain America and Union Jack sort of like a world allies collection.

Comment

• torgospizza
              Theocrat of Pan Tang
              • Aug 19, 2010

He looks great. I think it's too cool you've taken a character you've liked and has been neglected, then went so far as to have an actual factory figure made. It's got to be a labor of love, overriding the headaches, I imagine.

If you're ever willing to take suggestions on another licensed figure, allow me to suggest the Man from Atlantis w/ webbed hands.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by torgospizza
                He looks great. I think it's too cool you've taken a character you've liked and has been neglected, then went so far as to have an actual factory figure made. It's got to be a labor of love, overriding the headaches, I imagine.
                Bless you, we ain't getting rich and both Ed and myself have lost a little sleep.

If you're ever willing to take suggestions on another licensed figure, allow me to suggest the Man from Atlantis w/ webbed hands.
                Oh sure, choose a favourite of mine. Right now I'm saying "No Mo" to China but I've said that a lot...
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

I'm gonna purchase one!

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                    Permanent Member
                    • Mar 7, 2011

Says sold out on Captain Canuck.com ???

Comment

• Timothy2251
                      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                      • Mar 15, 2008

Snagging one the moment they're available for sale. Great looking figure!
                      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• ubermanx
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 3, 2013

Originally posted by palitoy
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]13708[/ATTACH]

They're here and now on their way to Canuck HQ, we're figuring out a launch date. Museum peeps will learn first.
                        Are you sure a few didn't fall off the skid and are making their way up the 115?

- Marty
                        Last edited by ubermanx; Jan 8, '15, 11:25 PM. Reason: forgot where I live ;)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Yipee! Will these be through the PS Store? I'm thinking of bundling a few items...
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

I've just returned from a celebratory dinner at Odeon Toys World Headquarters and a visit to the warehouse.

I can scarcely believe I'm holding in my hands the realization of my childhood dream of a Captain Canuck Mego action figure. As a kid growing up in Canada, it was hugely important to me that we had our own superheroes. I had Captain Canuck comic books, I had a t-shirt, but the one crucial thing missing was the figure.

So you can understand how it was quite an emotional moment to stand in front of a box filled with factory made Captain Canuck Mego style action figures. There are plenty of people to thank on this two year journey.

Big thanks to Brian Lietner and Paul Wasson for helping me prototype the original short run of figures that convinced the license holder that we could make these. The public response to those figures helped us gauge that there was enough interest for us to pursue mass market production.

Richard Comely, the folks at Captain Canuck Inc and especially Walter at Big B Comics for supporting our efforts and allowing us to create these toys, and sticking by us.

Props to Andy Covalt for doing such a great job on the head sculpt.

Mark Huckabone for his help in the prototype head paints.

An enormous amount of gratitude to Doc Mego, Paul Clarke for all his work and effort in producing this figure and birthing it through the manufacturing process (and his patience with someone who's never gone through the china-manufacturing route before).

And Brian, the guy who had my back every step of the way in all of this craziness. I know I can be a whirlwind of enthusiasm and pie in the sky creative tunnel vision, and he brought a solid backbone of real-world practicality and business sensibility to the proceedings, in addition to his depth of toy knowledge and passion for all things Mego. I am humbled and honoured that Captain Canuck is the follow up to Brick Mantooth and Super Collector at Odeon Toys.

and thanks to everyone who encouraged and cheered us on. I never expected so many non-Canadians to be getting behind this!
                            Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 10, '15, 12:00 AM.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

As I said before, I want one!!!

My best friend live near the Canada boarder for years back in the day and collected the Captain Canuck comic books. Once he moved done south I began to read his comics and got to really like the character. So now I get my chance to add a ReMego Captain Canuck figure to Hall of Justice.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Jetjungle75
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 11, 2013

Where can you still buy one of these, or are they all sold out?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎