Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Figures Toys, Inc. figures are you collecting?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

What Figures Toys, Inc. figures are you collecting?

While I have all the DC stuff so far, including Batman 1966, I just can't bring myself to care about Dukes of Hazzard, Evil Knievel, and KISS. (I do have the first set of KISS figures.) I'm curious if the rest of you are "collecting 'em all!" or just picking and choosing. I mean, there's only so much room in my office.
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I've been getting the loose KISS figures. I wanted Evel until I saw them. Same with Batman 66. I'm not interested at all in DC and Dukes.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

While I think the Dukes figures are brilliantly done, I have zero interest in them. Out of the Batman 66 and WGSH figures, I will pick and choose the ones I really like. I'm also looking forward to see what they are going to do with Conan.

The problem for me with the vast majority of Re-Mego stuff being done, by the various companies, is it's mostly licenses I down right dislike or I have little interest in.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

I have talked myself into all of the 1966 Batman stuff and all of the DC waves including Tarzan and Conan... I am not interested in any of the other stuff, Dallas, Dukes, Evil, Gilligan's Island etc nor am I interested in any 12 or 18 inch figures.

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

I picked up the first set of KISS figures, soon after they first came out, since I never had the original Mego versions. Recently I picked up the Teen Titans (never had them before, much like KISS) and Alfred, since he's new.

I'll probably get the newer, never-made-before, DC characters Figures is offering. Since, by my count, it amounts to 20+ figures alone, that should be more than enough to scratch my Mego itch for a bit. Also, anything Conan and Tarzan related - must gets for me.
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• TomStrong
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2011

I've gotten the wave 3 figures and will probably pick up the 66 Batman. I'll also be down for a few fist fighters and never before made Megos. But I can't get into Kiss, Dallas, or Evel. Dallas just doesn't hold any nostalgia for me.

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

After my initial giddiness over FTC's announcement, and the first couple waves of WGSH, I've kind of lost interest. I haven't even picked up Batman '66 wave one, and don't know if I will. There's enough that bothers me about them to make the decision to pass that mush easier. Plus, with figures selling out so quickly, I don't feel any pressure to help, "keep the line alive." I will pick and choose what I feel i really want, and am hoping for more female heroes that I can get for my daughter.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

Oh, and the non-DC lines hold no interest for me whatsoever.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

66 Bats for sure, probably Scarecrow and Ra's if they look like they can hand with the 66 line. Solomon Kane might be a must have. I'm passing on repro stuff, Dukes, Evel and Kiss.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

Batman series 1
                    Batman series 3
                    66" Batman series 1
                    12" Mego-repro KISS
                    12" DTK KISS

No interest in Dukes, Dallas, Evel, Gilligan, etc...
                    Possibly if there's a closeout sale in a year or two and I can get these at $7 ea, meh..might.
                    Making choice where to deploy disposable income in a saturated market is probably dinging me buying other lines too.

I am looking forward to a minty Conan, but seeing how they can't do hair right, I am not holding my breath.
                    Looking forward to all upcoming 66' Bat lines (except exclusives) as well as getting minty WGSH line additions...but really unsure if I want to venture down the path of getting every single repro Mego.
                    With as fast as lines apparently "sell out", if I miss out, then I miss out...no sleep will be lost. I don't buy into this game of "hard-to-get" brand new product.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Just the '66 line right now. Probably cherry pick through the DC line once it really gets up and running
                      and away from the straight up repros. If they'd do 8" Gilligans I'd be into that line. 12" I have no interest in.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• figureaddicted
                        • Jun 29, 2014

WGSH, Batman 66, KISS, Tarzan and Conan are on my main priorities list. And although i had no interest in the Dukes originally, i did own them as a kid and am kind of temtped just out of waxing nostalgic for my childhood. Some of their older stuff (CTTV stuff technically i guess) that id like to pickup would be Mad Monsters ,the Munsters, Andre the Giant and Married with Children. Of course this will take as much time and patience as it will my money....lol

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

i like the "8" figures ,to me its like mego continued ,i bought all the dc figures to date and will continue
                          to do so ,i also am into bats 66 ,and will buy and collect them all,i will buy gilligans island,conan line
                          and Tarzan,i bought the dukes and will get the 2nd series if they make them,-8 size only, i bought only
                          one "8" evel but thats it,i bought only the 1st kiss set-only because i was curious what quality figures
                          toy company was producing,i have 0 interest in any more kiss.i bought the monsters,no interest
                          in dallas(unless they they do a "8"size,and only because i like larry hagman from i dream of
                          jeannie .Right now Figures is the company putting out the good stuff.i still have spiderman from
                          emce and some bif bang pow figures ordered that i want though.

Comment

• VintageMike
                            Permanent Member
                            • Dec 16, 2004

Picking and choosing because I have to. Got Riddler and Catwoman to stand in until such a day I can the originals carded and recently ordered wave 1 of Batman 66 being a big Superhero guy. Definitely looking forward to to a Mego style Batman Scarecrow for my LOD. Will probably continue with the 66 line outside of the AE's and any new Batman villians produced.

Comment

• megoat
                              A Therefore Experience
                              • Jun 10, 2003

None of them......I'm only into vintage toys.......I do keep up with many of the announcements of this ReMego era (i have a very mild interest from afar) but ultimately I really have no interest in these figures (or any modern mego like figures for that matter)....and I'm only responding to this thread cuz it's in "mego buzz"!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎