• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scoth70
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 17, 2008

12 inch mego superhero prices

hi all

moved this thread from mego fact as idont seem to have had any help on this and I know theres many members here who could help me on this one
    so hopefully more will view it in here

I have a couple of pictures to show of anyone can give me some ideas of values...

all four figures are in very good condition all original and undamaged

also the boxes are all original in very good shape no rips or tares or flaps missing the white bits in boxes are like a piece of card that was behind the inserts
    any help on values from the experts be great thanks

• cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Nice set, love them! Robin is definitely the most valuable in the set, several hundred plus, easy. Superman is second toughest, I'm not sure how much the Burbank toys box affects the value, he's usually found in a Canadian box. Batman in a Canadian box is rather common, around $150ish these days, but a Burbank box might be more. What kind of Spidey box is that? I didn't think the muscle body Spidey came boxed, but rather on US cards, not 100% sure though.

Comment

• scoth70
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 17, 2008

hi thanks for replying to my question

the picture isn't great but the batman robin and superman all seem to be the Burbank toys boxes ..the spiderman looks to be just mego...I try to zoom in but it goes al fuzzy...
      if spidey muscle body only came carded then its cool...because I do have a minty loose slim body spiderman I can put in it.... thats if the muscle body never came in a box?

so what would you be looking at to buy the set of 4 with the knowledge I can give... if 3 are Burbank and one mego ...thanks for any more help

scoth70
      Originally posted by cjefferys
      Nice set, love them! Robin is definitely the most valuable in the set, several hundred plus, easy. Superman is second toughest, I'm not sure how much the Burbank toys box affects the value, he's usually found in a Canadian box. Batman in a Canadian box is rather common, around $150ish these days, but a Burbank box might be more. What kind of Spidey box is that? I didn't think the muscle body Spidey came boxed, but rather on US cards, not 100% sure though.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I second what Chris said, that Spider-Man is a later run and far less common.

Most boxed Spidermen you see come from the Canadian find, that's a later issue box and far less common. I've got a French version of that one, it was sold in Canada, the UK and France.

The Superman is a second run box too, here is the original (Canadian) art:

Robin is always the toughest in the series and most desired.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by scoth70
          so what would you be looking at to buy the set of 4 with the knowledge I can give... if 3 are Burbank and one mego ...thanks for any more help
          Not sure how much the box variations would affect the value, unfortunately these guys don't have anywhere near the amount of obsessive collectors that the 8" line does (although I personally love the 12 inchers) so off the top of my head I'd say maybe around a thousand for the set, give or take a hundred or so.

Comment

• scoth70
            Persistent Member
            • Oct 17, 2008

lol ok guys im a little confused... so palitoy you mean the spidy box I have is the far less common one.... and also the superman one I will have looks to have Burbank toys on it.... its great hearing your imformation men...... but to make it easier for me

is the spidey batman and super man I have the harder boxes to get...? im lost with all these versions and issues ??? lol and thanks for the idea on price wise chris

Comment

• scoth70
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 17, 2008

when I get these I will get better pics up as the ones I have are very fussy to enlarge

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I could probably use photos for the Museum on one or two.

To recap:

First issue boxes - Batman, Robin
                Second Issue: Superman, Spider-Man

It only really matters to a small handful of folks (like me and Chris) however.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• scoth70
                  Persistent Member
                  • Oct 17, 2008

thanks for the help palitoy and cjefferys

its been a great help

and yes any pictures that you need just let me know which and I will sort them out .

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎