X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fossilfuse
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 27, 2008

Figures Inc at SDCC?

Maybe I am missing the report, or if this was discussed somewhere else, but I don't recall seeing Figures Inc. at SDCC? It would be nice to see some of the Re-Megos, Batman '66, or Kiss figures, AND maybe a new figure here and there.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I would think they will be mentioning something about their own products sometime this weekend. Today is only the first day, so I'm sure there are more reveals to come. I'm anxious to see Farrows sculpts on the '66 Batman and Robin figures.

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

that's never been their big thing. I don't totally understand why but they aren't into the show thing. I think it would go a long way to putting the company in a position to show what they're planning and in the sights of consumers that might never know. Spend all that money on a license and only promote it on a small media venue makes no business sense to me.
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by megocrazy
        that's never been their big thing. I don't totally understand why but they aren't into the show thing. I think it would go a long way to putting the company in a position to show what they're planning and in the sights of consumers that might never know. Spend all that money on a license and only promote it on a small media venue makes no business sense to me.
        I agree Chuck their just missing out on the easy sell if you ask me...

Comment

• JohnD-C
          • May 28, 2013

I am also hanging to see what the '66 Batman and Robin figures look like, I cant wait that egghead sculpt was bang on! The hot toy 12" figures shown at SDCC just look a little too real for my liking, almost like waling into a mini wax museum, and the Mattel ones just don't seem to look right to me. The 66 Batman license is just perfect for the mego! BRING IT ON!!

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Figures Toys works in mysterious ways.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
              I agree Chuck their just missing out on the easy sell if you ask me...
              And it's funny because I've been inside their warehouse before they relocated to FL. If you ever saw their WWE/WWF belt room you would cry. Granted it's not a show or Con but it was like a small museum. The stuff is unbelievable and supposedly what they do most of their sales on. They're ridiculously high priced but truly are works of art and look completely like the ones on TV down to the material and weight. Not my cup of tea but definitely something that could make an impressive display in someones man cave if they're a wrestling fan. They could double up at a convention and probably do a ton of sales but just not what they want to do I guess. They've succeeded for years so maybe my years of business knowledge and marketing experience are useless.
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• JWLJN
                Veteran Member
                • May 7, 2013

Originally posted by megocrazy
                And it's funny because I've been inside their warehouse before they relocated to FL. If you ever saw their WWE/WWF belt room you would cry. Granted it's not a show or Con but it was like a small museum. The stuff is unbelievable and supposedly what they do most of their sales on. They're ridiculously high priced but truly are works of art and look completely like the ones on TV down to the material and weight. Not my cup of tea but definitely something that could make an impressive display in someones man cave if they're a wrestling fan. They could double up at a convention and probably do a ton of sales but just not what they want to do I guess. They've succeeded for years so maybe my years of business knowledge and marketing experience are useless.
                They sell them to other companies such as Highspots.com and they in turn sell them at wrestling conventions and shows. It's been going on for over a decade now so they must offer these other companies the belts in bulk and flip them that way.

They're good replicas and the way that many fans finally got to a hold a true belt for the first time, but there's a contingent of "belt collectors" that won't have anything to do with them. These folks, that must all have large inheritances (or something...), will not purchase a belt unless it's from the actual original belt maker. Although they cost well over $1,000 to have made (and take years), these are the ones that are made from the exact same materials as the ring-used belts.

For the rest of us, myself included, we have the Figures Inc. belts. And really, anyone that has ever seen the two that I own has been impressed and none the wiser.

-J\/\/
                http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

I had the privilege of seeing Evel and I dare say he's one of thee best mego figures EVER made of any era!! Far exceeded my expectations.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                    I had the privilege of seeing Evel and I dare say he's one of thee best mego figures EVER made of any era!! Far exceeded my expectations.
                    I'm jealous. That means you saw the prototype of Farrows great sculpt!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Yes, and it's amazing! I wish I could share but I'm sure it's coming.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎