Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Here's a great interview with Faulk. Sounds like he's thinking about Rocky in the Mego scale as well. Mentioned near the end of this interview. But he talks Predator, Jason, Freddie, and more. Great stuff!

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I'll say it again.....mego style Rocky would be a dream come true for me!!!!
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
        Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
        • Mar 3, 2010

As the cancellation of the EMCE / Diamond Universal Monsters was such a traumatic experience for me, i'll admit that this news SOMEWHAT softens the blow....(that being said, I STILL want the UniMonster line to go back into production)
        I don't know about you guys, but since Uni Monsters kept getting better and better, and I kept getting happier and happier with them, I need some more friction' Monster Dolls....right.....about.....NOW! Bring Freddy & Jason aaahuuuwnnn........
        Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Nov 21, '13, 1:19 AM.
        Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• Legend of Link
          Career Member
          • Jun 12, 2010

Big Bad Toy Store just sent me an email saying that they have received the figures and are going to ship them to me soon. I'll follow up with pictures for you guys.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• jimm
            • Dec 16, 2007

Yes would have really loved a Hyde figure seeing what they did with the Phantom

Originally posted by galaxyexplorer42
            As the cancellation of the EMCE / Diamond Universal Monsters was such a traumatic experience for me, i'll admit that this news SOMEWHAT softens the blow....(that being said, I STILL want the UniMonster line to go back into production)
            I don't know about you guys, but since Uni Monsters kept getting better and better, and I kept getting happier and happier with them, I need some more friction' Monster Dolls....right.....about.....NOW! Bring 'em aaahuuuwnnn........

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 28, 2013

Thanks for posting the interview with Faulk! The guy really sounds business minded. Lots of great horror creatures out there, so looking forward to what comes next. Not movie monster related but I would love an Iron Maiden Eddie Mego figure.

PS. And an Ozzie werewolf from "Bark at the Moon"

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

^^that is a good idea - Ozzy as Wolfman...that would surely sell.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Yep! That would be a fun idea. I agree.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                    • Mar 3, 2010

Music related monsters would be pretty cool, as well as the movie monsters. There's so many out there to choose from. Id really like to see Michael Meyers, (Halloween), and Pinhead, (Hellraiser), as maybe the next 2 figures done in this line. At least I think they'd go well with this current pair. Followed, of course, by Texas Chainsaw Massacre & Norman Bates...

(Heck, I'm already hoping and making a list on what figures I want NEXT from Neca, & these first 2 aren't even in my collection yet! That's how the collector type's mind works, I suppose).

I do have a missed call from my local comic shop showing on my phone from yesterday. That can only mean that they are letting me know that Freddy & Jason are in stock or will be soon. Hopefully I'll be picking these 2 up today...

UPDATE: I got em. They're AWESOME.... I haven't opened them up yet. I'm at work. I'll open them in a little bit, and post some pics.....
                    Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Nov 21, '13, 4:23 PM.
                    Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                      • Mar 3, 2010

Ok. I got em. I got some amateur pics with the iPhone. I'll do a short review.
                      First off: I like them. They LOOK great. The head sculpts and paint apps are amazing! The figures have a great "feel". They're heavy. Very solid. Very posable. They hold a pose very well. They both have cool accessories. Freddy has a hat; Jason has a removable mask, a machete, an axe and a spear gun. The cloths on both figures seem very high quality. Freddy's sweater is extremely cool.

But they are NOT Mego style.

Heads are resin, NOT rotocast. Heads do not seem removable. The head's connection to the torso is not the Mego style, meaning there's no neck plug.
                      Non removable shoes. I know Star Trek Mego had boot feet, but these differ in that you can not swap out a leg if a leg breaks. Again, the quality seems high, & I probably won't need to replace a leg, but its nice to know it can be done with the Mego style.
                      Bodies, while very sturdy, are not Mego style bodies. Bodies seem solid, not hollow. They swivel from the waist side to side, not front to back.

So, overall, I'll give em a 10 out of 10 for being great figures. But they are only Mego like in scale, and the fact that they have fabric cloths.

They're their own thing. They're their own entity. They fit in very well with my Mego figures, appearance wise, but I would prefer the bodies, heads, clothing, etc, to be more interchangeable with the Mego style, that's all. I will continue to get more of these monster figures if the line continues, cause they are extremely cool! Here are some shots:
                      image.jpg
                      image.jpg
                      image.jpg
                      image.jpg
                      image.jpgi
                      Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Nov 22, '13, 1:59 AM.
                      Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                        • Mar 3, 2010

A couple more shots:
                        image.jpg
                        image.jpg
                        image.jpg
                        Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

D'oh! I now have 2 sets not realizing I already pre-ordered a set. Damn you, pre-order! Damn you all to hell!
                          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎