Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Yes! Ash would be an awesome addition to any Megoesque collection.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• bgiles73
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 14, 2010

NECA posted on Tweeter that they have a license for Planet of the Apes also. I wonder if they will do some with these 8" bodies?

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

Any new information on these 2 figures???

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
          The whole Django fuss was more a "let's get Tarantino" kind of thing, I think...
          Odd to think that child molesters and murderers are now considered to be "harmless fun" by the moral majority.
          Don't give those whackjobs ammunition.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>Odd to think that child molesters and murderers are now considered to be "harmless fun" by the moral majority.

It's got nothing to do with content; it has everything to do with time. Freddy and Jason are 80's characters.... the "good ol' days," so they're now perfectly safe. In essence the parents you're trying to scare NOW were the kids THEN, so you can't scare them with stuff they're familiar with.

Don C.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Django had nothing to do with the 'moral majority', anymore than acceptance of these figures do. The suspension of the Django figures was a reaction from a special interest group protesting. Its the same folks who tried to get the Confederate flag taken off the General Lee. Ultimately it's all a power play. The notion of being "offended" is little more than an excuse for people to impose their will on others. Jason, Freddie, and Michael Myers are fictional monsters. By definition that excludes them from containing characteristics that suggest a conscious morality. But ultimately they're complete fantasy. Anyone who can't separate reality from those villains in a fictional story have much deeper issues in play. These figures are no more harmful than purchasing a Darth Vader figure for a seven year old. And Vader has "killed" scores more than these monsters. I hope this line is highly successful.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by ctc
                >Odd to think that child molesters and murderers are now considered to be "harmless fun" by the moral majority.

It's got nothing to do with content; it has everything to do with time. Freddy and Jason are 80's characters.... the "good ol' days," so they're now perfectly safe. In essence the parents you're trying to scare NOW were the kids THEN, so you can't scare them with stuff they're familiar with.

Don C.
                Quoted for truth. Our parents and grandparents had Frankenstein, Dracula, the Wolf Man and a host of others back in the day, all of whom were probably frightening to some folks and raised their ires. Google the old Aurora Monster Model Kits and the outrage those caused parents. Action figures of Freddy and Jason have been around for a LONG time - this is just a new format is all. Besides, I see more collectors/monster fans buying these up than hypothetical little Billy down the street, who'll probably be way more interested in blowing stuff up in some video game or whatever.
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

I bet these sell like a champ! I learned a long time ago; it's the license not the format/scale that sells a figure...

As a maker of 8" figures I am ecstatic... These figures prove market viability... Even though I'd rather make the Phantom or Flash Gordon, these figures are a good sign for us...

My $.02

Dave

Comment

• Orlock
                    Megohead Superdad
                    • Feb 15, 2010

In the middle of July, it was revealed that the popular toy company NECA would be releasing a brand new retro Jason Voorhees 8 inch figure from Friday The 13th Part 3, styled like the old Mego figure dolls from many of our reader's childhood. There was one image released to accompany that news, which was mentioned as a prototype image only. Well now, NECA's Twitter account recently released a cool teaser image from the promotional photo shoot for the Jason 8 inch figure.
                    My Art/Photography Page For Commissions
                    T-Shirts, Prints, and More for Sale
                    My Personal Facebook

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Wow! Jason looks exceptional! I'll have to get that.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

NECA said a full lineup is coming in 2014 if these sell well..

Hopefully we'll see Evil Dead 2 Ash..

We'll also probably see Michael Myers,Scream etc

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Jason's looking good!
                          Maybe not "Mego-like", as the head sculpt is probably a little gruesome (to me, anything Mego is pretty child-friendly), but I like it.
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Looks good. The hands look improved since the Django figures.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                              Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                              • Mar 3, 2010

Are these the same license? Or 2 different licenses? What banner are these being sold under? Would it be "Modern Horror Movie" characters, or something like that? If these sell well, and more figures are offered in 2014, I'm wondering if these are going to be part of a series, and if so, what they'll call it......
                              Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 28, 2013

Brilliant! That figure looks great. I love the detail on the hands.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎