X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silveralex
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 22, 2012

Little House

I recently introduced my ten-yr old daughter to Little House on the Prarie.
    It's her favorite show now and she watches episodes every day.

Got me to wondering - why Mego (or someone else) never made figures. Realize it's not action-y , but there are Waltons figures, after all.

Any customs of these around? I may want to try to come up with some for my daughter, so any ideas for them welcome.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I would have rather had Little House than Waltons figures.

Was a big fan until Mary went blind

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

lol I feel exactly the opposite--I enjoy the Waltons, but not LHP.

Both shows def. ran on too long.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• silveralex
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 22, 2012

I have never seen an episode of the Waltons
        I watched Little House as reruns (channel 11 , here I think) in the early 80s

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Little House was a HUGE staple in our house. My sister would have been all over dolls.

Waltons was so much more depressing. I know it was the depression, but Little House was far more upbeat, despite everyone going blind at some point.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Waltons was so much more depressing. I know it was the depression, but Little House was far more upbeat, despite everyone going blind at some point.

Chris
            Seriously? I feel just the opposite.

On Little House , someone is always suffering a tragedy: the crops are ruined by a storm, Pa falls out of a tree and can't finish a job risking his team of Oxen, Mary goes blind, Ma & Pa's infant son dies, Mrs Garvey along with Mary's baby burn up in a fire started by Albert's smoking, Albert dies from leukemia or cancer, and to end the series, they blow the whole town up. Yeah, definitely upbeat!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

I was a Walton's fan my sister and I had the figures, I only Have mary Ellen and she's now a custom Star trek babe lol......Little House is more my Wife she would kill for figures. she's a huge fan...

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Just as much problems on The Waltons. John Boy or Grandpa(still don't know who) burns down the house. Grandma has a stroke. Grandpa died before Pearl Harbor. Jim Bob finds out he had a twin brother who died. However many of the sons were lost or POWs during WW II. And don't get me started on The Baldwin Sisters and the problems they had with their "recipe."

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

It's important to remember both of these shows were dramas, of course.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Never liked the Waltons, but my family watched Little House every week. I think Little House dolls would have gone over really well, I wonder why no one tried.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

Little House all the way for me.
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Mego probably didn't make any Little House dolls because Knickerbocker already had the license. They weren't 8 inch Mego-like but Knickerbocker did release a couple of dolls
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
                          Never liked the Waltons, but my family watched Little House every week. I think Little House dolls would have gone over really well, I wonder why no one tried.
                          They actually did make a Laura and Carrie dolls

Not action figures - real dolls

Comment

• bobws
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 13, 2008

Watched both and loved both shows. Was also mad when mary went blind, as she was the main reason i watched the show.
                            The robably didn't go for this license as there was too many girls. Really the only men were Pa and thestore keeper, eah later was victor french character and father murphy. But mainly The 3 daughters 2 mothers and nelly. it would have had to be a real doll line.
                            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• ctc
                              Fear the monkeybat!
                              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Until I discovered the Mego figures in the late 90's I didn't know they were two different shows.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎