X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Columbus, Ohio Toy Show This Sunday April 14

I'll be there with a table of Fisher Price stuff from the 70s and 80s. Stop by and say Hi. Info at the link below.

Rob

http://www.ctspromotions.com/
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

I'm going to have a pile of $5 nude figures. Stop by and say hi if you come to the show.

Rob
    Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

• Duncan
      Museum focus-groupie
      • Jun 27, 2009

Got back from the show. If anyone is still on the fence, I'd say go. It had more dealers than in recent memory, and a lot more customers (IMO) - wish I'd gotten a table. There was a good variety of stuff, including a loose Kid Flash (no gloves, worn but decent shape) that I almost bought. I did snag a pair of loose naked Megos from Rob for $5 each - thanks again - plus a MoC Vance Duke from someone else. I'll make a generalization, here, that dealers who don't specialize in Mego pretty much have no clue on prices. Sorry, but not everyone can get Benbarb prices for his/her dirty, torn & incomplete figures.
      Last edited by Duncan; Apr 14, '13, 5:44 PM.

Comment

• mikeMc6
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 24, 2012

Does anyone have pictures from this show? What was that incomplete Kid flash going for, Duncan? It's always exciting to see megos in the wild...
        INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
        WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• Duncan
          Museum focus-groupie
          • Jun 27, 2009

I think he was about $85, which seemed pretty fair. He also had an Iron Man in similar shape, minus his belt, for $50-$60 (again, pretty fair). He would've let me have the pair for $115, and I probably should've jumped on it. However, that would've been to flip, and I just wasn't feeling it. I did buy a Kryptonite rock from him for $10, spiting my Mom who wouldn't let me have one when I was a kid (love you, Mom ).

Comment

• Godzilla
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 3, 2002

Duncan it was great meeting you. They said they set an attendance record at the show and it really showed. There were tons of people.

There was also more Mego and classic 12 inch Joe than i remember in a while.

It frustrating when "career" dealers expect people to pay top dollar for a Mego beater. I'm sure they're holding out that some idiot will pay that if they hold onto it long enough. Good luck to them.
            Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

• Duncan
              Museum focus-groupie
              • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by Godzilla
              They said they set an attendance record at the show and it really showed. There were tons of people.
              I'm thinking the economic recovery might be gaining traction...

Comment

• GaryB
                • Jul 29, 2012

I went to this show today. Wish I would of read this post before I went. Sounds like I could have met a couple of you guys. I seen the couple of Megos you mentioned. One guy also had a foreign carded Thing for $125. Another guy in the corner had some mangled up loose WGSH that he thought was worth more than gold. Tons of modern Star Wars and G.I.Joe stuff. Always a fun show to walk around at. Plus its only 20 minutes away. Can't wait till the Megomeet. It'll be my first one. I'm guessing there should be some quality Megos for sale?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎