Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOY HUNTER Returns April 10th. SEASON TWO STARTS WITH A BANG!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Wee67
    I'm curious about the opinions that were censored.

He clearly had tons of strong opinion that was expressed about the show, art, toys and Jordan. Heck, even the things he wrote that violated the agreement he made when joining seemed to still remain in his posts. Sure, you guys continued to even repeat he was more than welcome to express his opinions on the show, only asking he refrain from personal insults. I have to assume he continued to talk about "censorship" being "outrageous" because there are even more things that were suppressed. I can only imagine the many, many things that he was either prevented from saying or that were stripped from his posts.

Then again, I may be confused on the meaning of censorship.
    He wasn't censored. He was asked not to call another member names. Nothing was deleted or edited from his posts.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

The rest of us didn't pick up our pitchforks, so he went back home.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• mego73
        Printed paperboard Tiger
        • Aug 1, 2003

Sort of reminds me of Ralph Kramden shouting : "I'm leaving forever Alice.... Right now..... I'm going...."

I know next to nothing about Toy Hunter but it seems that he just might be hated, if true, because he has tons of the collectible toys that others want and he is aware of what they are worth. In other words you won't be able to get a Mission To Gamma 6 from him for $20. I can see resentment and hatred arising from that. He knows how to do the leg work and investigation to find these things so he can turn a profit. You understand that when you pay toy hunter $1000 for a MIB RM Robin he was able to get for a lot less it is usually because he put in the travel, investigation and time to turn up one from somebody's attic or found it in a lot or warehouse find. All of which probably lacked much more of value. It's like panning for gold. My hat is off to someone that can make a living doing that. And the collector has to realize he paid not only for the rare toy but for the fact he didn't have to crawl in the attic or basement or buy the rest of a lot filled with flotsam and jetsam to get it.

Originally posted by Iron Mego
        Good riddance. Why don't people just leave? There really is no reason, other than to satisfy your own ego, to making a farewell post.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

yeah this thread was hijacked by a very sad fellow and we fell for it.i say toy hunter is the greatest,jordans great LONG LIVE TOY HUNTER!!

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

What a totally immature and ridiculous performance. Good riddance, grow up.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I want a Mego Peter Parker set. I didn't have one as a child & am irreparably scarred.

To appease my inner child, a member (who wants to be a kind, supportive, good person) should sell me one for the 1974 Monty Wards price: $2.25.

Actually, you should sell it to me for $1.12, the cost of its materials. Because commerce is evil and it is a work of exquisite, unique art, not a mass-produced catalogue toy.

Now that I think about it, just give it to me--I deserve it. Besides, I know what I'm talking about--I have a private liberal-arts degree and graduate courses.

I don't think scarcity & demand should be a factor. I'm willing to ignore market forces and Business 101 to get my way & have my say. And while you're at it, I like Van Gogh's "Starry Night", too.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

Glad I missed this whole thing! Looking forward to Toy Hunter next week in any event.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Wow...I didn't know having a college degree was so special...I have one...and so do countless of millions of others as well, lol.

In my spare time, I'm also an artist, a sculptor, a philanthropist, a singer, a musician, a test pilot, a deep sea diver, a Formula 1 driver, a neurosurgeon, an eight degree black belt in karate, a Division 1 college wrestler, a former pro boxer...and even a wine-tasting expert...I'm Buckaroo Banzai incarnate...I'm also a member of the Pretentious Club of America...it's good to be me, lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I'm also a Playgirl model...and love to play with my rubber ducky while taking a bubble bath, lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Nov 29, 2012

I didn't want to say this in public......and Oscar might be angry........but guys.............I am Steve Austin.

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Hollywood
                        I didn't want to say this in public......and Oscar might be angry........but guys.............I am Steve Austin.
                        Stone Cold or the Bionic Fall Guy??

I'm sorry I missed this thread. Like Scotty said in the new Trek movie, "I like it here, very exciting". Did someone pee in this guy's corn flakes? Does not every toy originate from a profit based motive. So buying one in any format pretty much supports the capitalistic movement. The funny thing is, knowing what I know about mass production and distribution, if you compare profit margins, Walmart and Target have much better mark ups than Jordan does on resale. And a hell of a lot more volume.

What possible issue can you have with Jordan doing this, simply because he doesn't do it as a retailer but in a used concept from current toy owners and used/vintage items? As an artist do you charge a profit for your work? All you do is draw and sculpt stuff. Buying and selling vintage toys is an art form in itself. There are several of us here that do it.

This sounds like someone jealous about another persons success. Why do you have a TV show and I don't? Maybe you can get on TV in the future. Maybe Jerry Springer or perhaps Dr. Phil.
                        Last edited by megocrazy; Apr 4, '13, 8:16 AM.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

Wow, MKF, you got some issues there. I'm pretty sure most of them are not 'must-have double-bag and board collector's item classics.'
                          ARRIVEDERCI

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Nov 29, 2012

Bionic of course.......is there another?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by megokissface
                              Keep your forum and your website guys! Have fun and enjoy yourselves! I BELIEVED that this is what this place is all about however, the funny politics and censorship are outrageous and laughable! I never said anything that has NOT been said countless times online about the host. If you don't believe me just look him up! HE IS HATED all around! Look for yourselves, Im sure he might be a nice person however, I'm only echoing the same sentiment that is already out there. Take care! and FAREWELL! No wonder you guys struggle to get exposure when you get exploited. This is my final response,final comment and final visit. It's pretty sad that people on here are actually expecting something magical in return from some glorified toy scalper?! eventually his show will fade away like so many on reality tv. Best wishes! CIAO
                              You're going to be really mad when you hear what the CW paid for the rights to Everyone Hates Jordan. It's going to be huge.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                                • Apr 3, 2007

Man, it's amazing the drama you miss when you stop reading a post. Good-bye, and don't let the door bump your butt on the way out!
                                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎