X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Mego-Eat 2013 was yesterday.

Something really cool happen in the PNW yesterday. A great bunch of Mego fans found a family. As predicted, the money flowed toward the establishment, far more than between the guests. Unless I'm wrong, this was more about PNW collector/dealer/customizer getting a chance to meet each other. Although I really believe that future Mego-Eats should be more of an event with admission and table costs. I am so happy that the first one was a party. The over-whelming generousity was beyond my hopes and expectations. Mike gave a party, to be remembered.
    Aside from dr_cyclops behavior, the guests could not have been more respectful.
  • mikeMc6
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 24, 2012

I like the idea of making this a customizer emphasized showcase gathering in the future... with a definite bonus aspect of trading and selling goods, vintage and new. I know somewhat personally the people who run the vintage toy shows in PDX and I don't want to encroach on their vintage sales only thing. I know a bigger space three blocks south of where we were dining if we wanna break this open wide and do (nominal) admission to cover costs and open it to public and vintage toy pickers and buyers I know. Call me crazy...August on a Sunday? Every August and February, twice a year?
    INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
    WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

did anybody take any pictures to share?

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by mikeMc4
        I like the idea of making this a customizer emphasized showcase gathering in the future... with a definite bonus aspect of trading and selling goods, vintage and new. I know somewhat personally the people who run the vintage toy shows in PDX and I don't want to encroach on their vintage sales only thing. I know a bigger space three blocks south of where we were dining if we wanna break this open wide and do (nominal) admission to cover costs and open it to public and vintage toy pickers and buyers I know. Call me crazy...August on a Sunday? Every August and February, twice a year?
        Count me in. This is a great group of people.
        Wayne, pics on the 'Mego-Eat Tomorrow' thread.

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by mikeMc4
          Call me crazy...August on a Sunday? Every August and February, twice a year?
          I'm game!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

This is a dream come true. Thanks guys.

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 22, 2012

Count me in. I had some unexpected expenses in the last week or two before the event so I was not able to get everything I had hoped for. But, at least I got to see a lot of things I hadn't before. That is always a plus. I would be in for another get together. Same size, larger, whatever. I'm down.
              Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎