X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relic
    Banned
    • Jun 24, 2012

Posible Mego find

This Saturday there is an estate sale auction in my town. The newspaper metions vintage action figures from the 1970's. Hopefuly there is not to many collectors there. If I make a major score I will report back to here of course. I can't sleep now thinking of what might be there. Wish me luck.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Good luck!

Comment

• mikeMc6
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 24, 2012

Good luck and delete any previous references to where you live on this site...seriously! If you live in Manitoba, switch it to Ottawa! All chumminess ends in the estate sale line. Good luck!
      INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
      WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

Fingers crossed for a BROTHA!

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by mikeMc4
          Good luck and delete any previous references to where you live on this site...seriously! If you live in Manitoba, switch it to Ottawa! All chumminess ends in the estate sale line. Good luck!
          Living in Manitoba I find that remark slightly offensive!
          Considering I have never ever tried to scoop anybodies sales or possible finds.
          I understand the point you were trying to make,still offensive none the less.
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• mikeMc6
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 24, 2012

No offense intended fallensavior, I grabbed the first province that popped in my mind. I could have just as easily said Kethcikan, Alaska (now their is some ruthless toy bandits!) I am now switching my name to INEPT Vintage Wesenheimer under my banner

Comment

• sauce
              Removed
              • Jun 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA, inept. Funny boy!

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

LOL all good.
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• mikeMc6
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 24, 2012

Excellent, fallensavior! I think Relic wants his thread back now...
                  Now Relic, may I make a suggestion? If you know the address of the upcoming estate sale, it never hurts to leave a note on their door stating that you are a genuine collector of these specific toys. Be honest, say your a family man who is not a flipper and offer to pay cash of their honest market value of these figs. Throw in that your pretty knowledgeable about values and could help price them for maximum profit, too. You never know, if its a family run estate sale as opposed to professional, they might contact you! Sign your name AND your son's name and age for maximum endearment. No joke, I've done this. If they call, stick to your word and give 'em a good price.
                  Since they have already said what they have and and an address, I guarantee you Relic, slippery toy bandits are already trying to wiggle in there.
                  Also, ask if there is a waiting list and what DAY and TIME will it be put out. No matter how early you are, there is always one toy bandit in front of you. Good luck!

Comment

• Relic
                    Banned
                    • Jun 24, 2012

Thanks for the advice, you kinda freeked me out when you mentioned Manitoba as I am currently in the drivers room in Winnipeg Manitoba as I type this. I live in Thunder Bay Ontaio which is about 9 hours east of Winnipeg and about 7 hours north of Minneapolis .Getting a good score really just depends on how many people show up. I am hopeing that it is minus 45 out when the sale takes place. I hope to report some good news soon. MIKE

Comment

• Relic
                      Banned
                      • Jun 24, 2012

No major news to report unfortunately. The sale was a dud with only a few broken GI Joe figures. I was able to score 2 hot wheels from 1968 in original pacakaging, never opened. I paid 22 dollars for the 2 cars but I had to as there were so many other bidders there. I had no intrest in the couches, chairs, dinner plates, etc.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

Welcome to my city....Muwahahahaha!!!
                        There are a few places here to get some Megos.Prices are a little iffy sometimes.
                        You could go to Maxxs collectibles on portage ave he had a few WGS there for awhile.
                        The comic Factory IV on notre dame had a couple plus he also carries the retro lines(monsters,heros,gost busters etc..) the guys name is jared and he's a great guy to deal with.
                        Mulvey flee market on osbourne has a few megos in the wild.Prices are a little ridiculous though
                        Comics America on academy has some retro lines and a few originals this guys name is Joe and I don't care to deal with him though.He is professional and courteous but the price is the price you pay it or you don't.Prices are a tad high.
                        I've got a buddy that works a couple of the auction houses around here and he usually lets me know whats there.

See I'm not worried about a fellow collector...LOL
                        I only collect loose figures ,I try to keep it under $30 as the kids play with them.
                        Good luck in collecting around here they are out there for sure.

Comment

• Relic
                          Banned
                          • Jun 24, 2012

I am actually from Thunder Bay but my company is based out of Winnipeg. You forgot to mention Raven comics which is on St. Marys Road just north of Femor Ave. I was able to score some retro Megos, and he had a few very rough beat up vintage Megos including Invisible girl.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

I always forget about Raven,yeah he's located right beside a video cellar...LOL
                            He has a butt load of star wars figures.

Comment

• Relic
                              Banned
                              • Jun 24, 2012

I have relatives that live in Lindenwoods, are there any comic book stores near that area of Winnipeg? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎