X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silveralex
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 22, 2012

CTVT Super Knights

I have never seen a Super Knight in person - don't remember them as a kid at all.
    But after checking them out in the gallery , they're calling to me ....

I know CTVT makes new ones, but I've read a lot here about the poor CTVT body.
    Would it make sense to buy them for the heads , clothing, and weapons and transfer them to Mego bodies ?(as I have been doing with the Mattel superheroes)

They come out to just $8-9 from CTVT.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

My advice is to pick up cheap incomplete versions of the real thing if money is the issue, and augment what's missing with CTVT pieces as place holders. Buy a CTVT knight and swap it on to a Mego body and you'll still have a pretty crappy figure IMO. The bodysuits don't fit quite right, and the quality of the plastic accessories is hit and miss.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Yeah,that's what I did with my Black Knight. I got an extra Wild Bill cheap and used CTVT parts to fill in for now.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I cannot recommend them due to quality. Besides, as with the original Knights, most of the armor is glued together, so you cannot easily mix-&-match.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
          Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
          • Mar 3, 2010

The Black Knight & King Arthur do not have the chest piece body armor, so are easy swaps if you wanna go that route. Ivanhoe, Galahad & the white one have the chest pieces. It's do-able, but an absolute bear. To assure you won't break the chest piece, you gotta actually undress AND unhook the body to get the chest piece off. I've done it before, but when I did it, I asked myself why I was taking the risk... The knights are a great line, however, & I highly recommend them...
          Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
            Time to feed the cat
            • Dec 30, 2007

I have them just as shelf sitters, I got the set off Ebay for less than 20 bucks. At that price I thought they were worth it. If you tried to play with them or pose them , they might break. But just hanging out waiting to attack the Wizard of Oz castle they look okay. I post a picture later.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I grew up with the Knights, they sold well here in Europe, home of the knights.
              Only my Galahad died in combat, so I'll need to find one some day.

I never kept my boxes as a kid, but a couple of years back I stumbled upon some at a flea market. A guy was selling Smurfs, and he offered them in lots of ten...in Mego Knights boxes. He didn't understand why I just wanted the boxes (he no longer had the knights), but sold me three boxes for a buck a piece. Sometimes, it all comes together...

I'll probably get some of the CTVT knights, to display loose. I think they're ok...
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎