X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relic
    Banned
    • Jun 24, 2012

Captain America completed and carded

I just received my Captain America repro sheild today in the mail. I have since carded him and added to my ever growing collection. I remember as a child fighting with my younger brother over the Megos we received on Chritmas morning 1975. Within 1 hour my brother had broken the handle for caps shield and lost the knife for Tarzan. He is going to visit me this summer from out of town and should be suprised to see how many megos I have restored.
  • Captain Awesome
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2012

I hear ya! Cap has always been my favorite superhero. His was the first comic book I ever purchased as a child (cover price was 20 cents). Always thought that sheild was WAAAAAY cool! Mego Cap holds a very sentimental place in my heart because my Grandmother surprised me with him one day after school because she knew I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted one (its a long story but that's the short of it). I've been acquiring Megos this year and building up my collection slowly with the ones I never had as a child. Like you, buying mid grade and fixing them back up. I've been keeping an eye out for a good conditioned Cap at the right price and can't wait to find one.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddlin' up anyway. - John Wayne

Comment

• VinMan
      Career Member Mego Maniac
      • Sep 6, 2012

How good did that feel Relic?? Arming him and then carding the whole beauty all together? Awesome!
      Cap is one of the best Megos IMO. Love that toy as much now as I did in 1979.

Comment

• Relic
        Banned
        • Jun 24, 2012

I am going to post some new pictures of my mego collection tonite, including Captain America and Daredevil who are the newest additions to my wall of fame.

Comment

• silveralex
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 22, 2012

Nice! By coincidence, I just got my cap repro box and am awaiting a shield. Never had cap as a kid , but he's going to look cool. Looking fwd to your pics

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

Isnt it funny how back when you were kids you couldnt wait to rip into them; Now we all want to put them back into their package.

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by Relic
              Within 1 hour my brother had broken the handle for caps shield and lost the knife for Tarzan. He is going to visit me this summer from out of town and should be suprised to see how many megos I have restored.
              MegoMuseum code requires you to break at least one of your brother's fingers for this outlandish crime, unless, he's bigger and stronger than you then just forget it.
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎