X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relic
    Banned
    • Jun 24, 2012

A close encounter with Invisible Girl

I just got from a mini family vacation in Winnipeg Manitoba. While I was there i was able to go to a local comic book store called Raven Comics. When in the store I asked the lady who worked there if she had any Megos for sale. She was not sure what I was talking about but said they had a display case in the back corner of the shop with older toys in it. When I found the display case there were a few megos in it. There was a Superman missing his boots with both feet through his tights for 20 dollars. There was a Captain America who was missing his shield and had some rips in his costume also for 20 dollars. In the very back corner of the case was an Invisible Girl. She did not have any boots or gloves and her leg looked mangled. I could not find a price tag on her so I asked to see how much she was.To my dissapointment the lady wanted 70 dollars for her which I thought was to rich, so I left her there. I hope I did not make a mistake. Does anyone out there know what an Invisible Girl in poor condition should sell for? I am going back to Winnipeg in a month. If she is worth it I may try to get her then. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

sounds high to me from what you describe.

Comment

• Seriousin
      Museum Super Collector
      • Dec 28, 2011

Yeah, from your description - I believe she was definitely overpriced. This past year - I've seen plenty of complete, non-zombie, all original Invisible Girls (in pretty good condition) hover around the $100 area. For an extra $30, I think you'd have a figure that you would be much happier with. It is always pretty cool to see a Mego like that out in the wild though.
      Currently seeking - Original RM Robin mask. Plus other various WGSH parts.

Good traders list

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Sold a open carded one in nice shape non-zombie head for less than $100 a few months ago. I'm thinking a mangled, incomplete one should go around the $35 range and one in that shape with a zombied head around $25.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
          Time to feed the cat
          • Dec 30, 2007

Yeah Mike, that price was high, but my oh my, how often do you really get a chance to see her in the wild. I would have done something foolish like asking the lady to take my picture with her or something like that.

Comment

• Relic
            Banned
            • Jun 24, 2012

I am going back to Winnipeg in the middle of January. If she is still there I am gonna offer her 40 dollars cash and see if she blinks. A cool thing I forgot to mention was my 10 year old son is now very intrested in the hobby as we scored a Retro Superman, Retro Green Arrow, and Retro Green Lantern all never opened for a total of 60 dollars. I was dissapointed about Invisible Girl but was more than happy to buy these 3 figures for my kid. I will definetely need to bring more money with me on my next trip just in case. If anyone has a wish list please let me know as Raven Comics is by far the largest comic book store I have ever been to.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎