• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wyldpny
    Star Trek Mego Customizer
    • Jan 29, 2008

Warman's Action Figures Field Guide, Values & Identification

Toys - Warman's Action Figures Field Guide

Does anyone have this book and if so how well does it cover Megos including Star Trek?

How well is this book done?
    This book was published by Krause which is the publisher that is doing my book so I am hoping that other toy books by Krause have been well received by collectors and enthusiasts.

Krause sent me the Transformers book as an example of their latest work and I thought it was a very impressive laid out and good looking book.

Steve
    Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 6, '08, 11:30 AM.
    Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
    Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
    Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Well honestly bro,I would'nt go to much by any of these books.I see prices in some of those guides and you would never get...I usually go more by Toy review the magazine.But even then if you are looking for prices to sell your items,don't expect to get those either they are just a little more accurate
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• wyldpny
      • Jan 29, 2008

oops, guess I should have been more specific. I was looking more for what you thought of the layout, the quality of the images and the overall look of the book itself.
      Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

i've seen the book at my local barnes and noble store. it has all the action figure lines in alphabetical order with pics and pricing. i think it's great if one is just starting out in the toy collecting world bec it will help you id some toys but overall price guides are usually outdated by the time they reach print.

Comment

• wyldpny
          • Jan 29, 2008

I know exactly what you mean about the price guide part. When I was first starting on my book I asked the publisher if we could not put prices in it as they are either outdated by the time the book is printed or just not accurate based on the fact that sites like eBay have changed the whole landscape of how we buy and sell and more importantly effected what any given item might go for at any given time. I have watched as the auction of a certain item in good to very good condition would end for $150. and then a few weeks or a month later watch as an identical item in very good to excellent condition end at half that. Sometimes it can be simply when you are selling and when an interested buyer is looking.
          But the publisher said they wanted it to be a price guide as well, so I ended up spending half of my time just researching what the items listed and pictured in the book have sold for in as recent a time as I could find.

Back to this Warman's action figures field guide book, forgetting the price guide part of it did you like the look and lay out of the book? Did you feel the publisher did a good job on the layout and look of the book in that regard?

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

i think for it's size, it had a lot of info crammed into it and would definitely benefit a person who is getting into the action figure hunt.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎