• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silveralex
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 22, 2012

Tarzan joins the gang

Just logging my mego adventure...

As part of my recent return to Mego-ing, I decided to get nice-looking versions of the original 8 WGSH, all in T2 (I just like T2 bodies more).

I started with a Batman, Robin, Superman, Shazam, and Spidey. (all T2, except for Shazam)
    - Superman and Spidey are already complete and looking rdy for action.

- Shazam was a T1, so I ended up buying a nice-looking T2, which had a really nice looking suit. (I kept the boots and cape from my T1 as they were originals and nicer-looking, before I sold the T1 off)

- Batman needed a belt and gloves. Dr. Mego to the rescue. May pursue vintage ones one day, but I'm not that picky now. Just awesome to see Bats all dressed up again - makes such a difference. My Bats had a bad knee, I had a broken T2 superman body which I was able to get 1 knee pin out of and used it to repair Batman. Whoa, look at me ... I'm doing stuff!

- Robin needed gloves. Once again, Dr. Mego saves the day.

- I never had a Tarzan mego as a kid. Never really wanted one or even saw one , except in ads. But I really wanted one now. Just got a really nice looking 1 off eBay delivered today. It looks so nice, I wonder if the suit is repro (I know the knife is). In any case, I'm happy with it.

Just need Cap and Aquaman ... and I made a deal for Cap yesterday.

• wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

Wow those like they are in great shape! Great photo.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

Nice looking figures. Tarzan has always been that figure that I say "some day" on, but then other things that I really, really want always seem to come up...Poor Tarzan.
      It's all good!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Good for you--that's a nice-looking set!

Isn't it exciting re-acquiring those childhood favorites?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• k2
          Career Member
          • Sep 12, 2007

i think you will find you will "need" more than just cap and aquaman

good looking set so far!!!

KC

Comment

• bobws
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 13, 2008

Nice set. Tarzan was a late one for me to get. Conan i still don't have one of.
            Well i had a naked one i turned into a custom, but i'm not interested in getting him at all.
            The only one i feel that way about.
            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• silveralex
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 22, 2012

Quick update:
              As I posted elsewhere, I've converted 5 RA figures to T2 bodies: Flash, Green Lantern, Sinestro, Green Arrow, and Captain Cold.
              Plus, I've picked up a Cap and Penguin from a MM member and just won a Hulk on eBay.

So will have to take the gang's (much bigger) picture again soon .

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Congrats! Your collection is looking great!!!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎