Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning old Mego outfits. I can't seem to find Derek's thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Cleaning old Mego outfits. I can't seem to find Derek's thread.

I could have sworn Derek had a sticky thread somewhere detailing how he cleans old suits...but I cannot find it.
    I tried cleaning a Shazam suit the other day - did not go well.....the red bled a little into the yellow cuffs of the body suit.
    I have an Iron Man outfit I'd like to clean..but really want to be careful obviously.

Can someone point me to that thread?
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by noelani72
    I could have sworn Derek had a sticky thread somewhere detailing how he cleans old suits...but I cannot find it.
    I tried cleaning a Shazam suit the other day - did not go well.....the red bled a little into the yellow cuffs of the body suit.
    I have an Iron Man outfit I'd like to clean..but really want to be careful obviously.

Can someone point me to that thread?
    Maybe this..Derek repied to this one with a his tips.
    I'm sure this has been covered and if someone can point be to an older thread that would be great. What has been your best way to clean a mego outfit without damaging it? I have a batman outfit with red marker on it. There is a slight hole on one knee and I don't want to make it worse by scrubbing it. Suggestions?

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

I washed an Iron Man suit and had no issues with running. I used a product with Oxi-Clean in it, Resolve carpet cleaner I think. I spray it on the suits and rub it in with my ahnds then rinse out with warm water. For tougher stains I use a touch of dishwashing liquid and gently rub with my finger, then rinse. I've never had any suit run on me, but it doesn't mean it won't/wouldn't happen at some point, or to someone else doing the same thing.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by VintageMike
        Maybe this..Derek repied to this one with a his tips.
        http://megomuseum.com/community/show...-outfit-needed
        ahh yes..that was the thread I was trying to find. Thanks Mike.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎