• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VinMan
    Career Member Mego Maniac
    • Sep 6, 2012

Toy Shows? Places to get Cool Stuff??

Hi all.
    I am new to the boards so I don't even know where exactly I should ask this question?!
    I hope this is OK
    How can I find out about Toy/Collectable Shows in my area? I will even take a stab at any stores that might have Mego goodness.
    I live in Central New Jersey and want to get out and see some Megos!! I am also converting a 7 year old into a fan of my favorite action figures... While eBay is cool, I want to bring him with me to experience this stuff.
    (I am currently negotiating with the wife for a little trip I would like to take to West Viginia come June with my little Zachary - We will see!)
    Thank you guys. So happy to be a part of all of this!
    VinMan
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

There used to be in indoor fleamarket somewhere around Sayreville I used to go too all the time.

It's NOT the old US-1 fleamarket.

All I remember was it was in an old department store and there was a Spanish woman who use to sell fudge right by the front door --- of course i'd rememeber that of all things

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

At The Englishtown Auction sales market there's a store called The Toy Room that has some Megos. Only a handful but they have some.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

you can usually find a few mego's at the bigger flea markets.....usally really dirty and beat to hell and overpriced.... but on occasion you find some nice deals

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

Last toy show I went to was George R Brown convention center, Dec 1991. Mostly dealers from NY and Cal. coming in thinking they could charge NY and Cal prices. One guy had all 6 small Mego Trek aliens on the card with some wear on the cards. MoMC at that time was $150 and he wanted $300 each. I told him they would not sell. I was right. Not one single dealer there made table and most never came back. People here just won't pay those prices because we don't have to, and they learned that the hard way. Haven't even seen a good toy show here since.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎