X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

BBP appreciation thread

Hey everyone. I was reflecting on this year and all of the great licenses BBP has picked up after listening to many of the recommendations on this board. Then I got to thinking... These guys are just like us. They came here as fans to share their love of this format and their childhood memories. The one big difference though, they took that love and decided to involve risk into the equation. Like a few others here, they decided to invest in that love by creating product none of us ever got to see as kids in the Mego format. And so they put up their own capital, risk their own livelihoods, to see that dream come to fruition. And in the end, we all benefit from that risk. I am tickled to death to have NEW Six Million Dollar Man product. I'm still rubbing my eyes over seeing an official Battle Star Galactica Cylon. And look at all of the other great licenses like the Twilight Zone, Dr. Who, The Venture Bros, and so many more. And lets not forget what has already been delivered: Flash Gordon movie figures, Lost, and the Big Lebowski. I have those lines and love them. And what should be a banner year for BBP in 2012 has not come without some pretty big bumps along the way. So I want to take this opportunity to recognize the faces behind these figures. To recognize the hard work, enormous risk, and personal sacrifice these talented folks have taken to make figures many of us have hoped for (and dreamt about) since we were kids. So here's a toast to BBP.

THANK YOU!!!

Your undying love and sacrifice for this craft has not gone unnoticed.
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I for one am very thankful for my 18" Talky Tina doll. As a child, I always wanted one, and now I have one. Thanks BBP!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

I appreciate them! Thanks for the 8" Bionic Bigfoot & Henry Bemis! You guys are awesome!

Comment

• Mego Magyar
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

BBP is tops in my book, especially for the Who & BSG figure.

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

I have not posted much lately but I have been pleasantly surprised to hear other people
          saying a lot of what I have been trying to get across here over the past five years since
          we started making Star Trek megos. Re-creating a style that came before is not always
          easy and even MEGO had issues with their production.

In addition, factories are in a tougher spot than in the past, and they are trying to
          take on more work as smaller shops go out of business.

The internet gives fans the ability to immediately voice their opinions, which is great to
          hear, but try to temper your response with the understanding that we don't own the
          factories, and sometimes we have to live with less than perfect product.
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

I've never purchased anything from BBP personally, but I've seen the level of love in the merchandise they produce and I am thankful that there are folks out there willing to risk everything to give all of US chuckleheads a piece of our childhood back, whatev your preferences may be. Kudos to you, gentlemen! May you keep the MEGOesque flag flying high!

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Megospidey
              Museum Webslinger
              • Jul 26, 2006

Every BBP product that I have purchased I have loved. Like any company, there are always hits and misses. While fans do have a tendency to be critical of a company when there is a "miss" with one of their beloved characters, overall BBP has put out some great products.

Comment

• alex
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 15, 2009

Ive never knocked any of the work they have done, Im not really bothered about the heads, its just great to see new lines in the Mego format. The TZ line is amazing, and certainly looking forward to the BSG, and that "tardis: for the DW is to die for!!!!

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

Thank You BBP!!

Comment

• TomStrong
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2011

I got the Kanamit, Jason Foster, and The Devil for my wife who is not necessarily a big Mego fan but a huge Twilight Zone fan and she loves them. She's got them on her desk in her workspace. I have all the Retro Action heroes and love them. I've always been impressed and happy that someone had the jools to put their money on the line for something they love like remegos and make them a possibility.

Comment

• turnbolt
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 26, 2008

I have many many BBP products. A huge fan of what they are trying to do.

All I have to say is this...

This lives at my house. For that I am forever grateful for their hard work.
                      I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                        w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                        • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                        Hey everyone. I was reflecting on this year and all of the great licenses BBP has picked up after listening to many of the recommendations on this board. Then I got to thinking... These guys are just like us. They came here as fans to share their love of this format and their childhood memories. The one big difference though, they took that love and decided to involve risk into the equation. Like a few others here, they decided to invest in that love by creating product none of us ever got to see as kids in the Mego format. And so they put up their own capital, risk their own livelihoods, to see that dream come to fruition. And in the end, we all benefit from that risk. I am tickled to death to have NEW Six Million Dollar Man product. I'm still rubbing my eyes over seeing an official Battle Star Galactica Cylon. And look at all of the other great licenses like the Twilight Zone, Dr. Who, The Venture Bros, and so many more. And lets not forget what has already been delivered: Flash Gordon movie figures, Lost, and the Big Lebowski. I have those lines and love them. And what should be a banner year for BBP in 2012 has not come without some pretty big bumps along the way. So I want to take this opportunity to recognize the faces behind these figures. To recognize the hard work, enormous risk, and personal sacrifice these talented folks have taken to make figures many of us have hoped for (and dreamt about) since we were kids.

Your undying love and sacrifice for this craft has not gone unnoticed.
                        I second this and couldn't have put it any better! Thank you so much BBP for all of your contributions to this hobbie and for sharing in our mutual passion for this format!
                        I am especially grateful for your understanding and desire to correct some of the unfortunately missed opportunities by Mego and that some of the great licenses from that time have now been transformed into the greatest of all formats and can now stand proudly along side their Mego cousins. Being a kid of the '70's, from the very beginning (yes, I can remember the nights these shows first aired), I have always felt that both The Six Million Dollar Man & Battlestar Galactica were 2 of the greatest TV shows of this type and 2 of my personal favorites of all time. I'm very excited, as has been stated by those before me, to see new products under The Six Million Dollar Man banner, and secondly, to see these 2 lines officially in this format for the very first time! I must say, I'm especially stoked beyond words for the Six Million Dollar Man line!
                        So a huge thanks to all involved at BBP!
                        Last edited by D!n0-M@n; Jul 31, '12, 8:55 AM.
                        MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

I have all four of the Dr. Who figures, and my inside man knows I want the next ones as well.
                          I may have voiced concerns about other lines, but still bought the four BSGs in support.
                          Let's hope the future brings more!
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I love BBP!

I have pretty much bought everything they have made in the 8" format and see no reason not to keeping buying!

On the latest Geeks Shall Inherent podcast, it seems Jason is pretty thick skinned and has a good attitude towards criticism. I know his heart is in it and he want to make the best product possible.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

great product. have a lot of them on display and waiting for more. kudos to BBP

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎