Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Aquabats, a Bat Comander custom, and SDCC!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

The Aquabats, a Bat Comander custom, and SDCC!

So a little back story...

In 2006, I made a custom Bat Commander for a friend of mine. She took it with her last year to SDCC to show to The Aquabats in person and before she was able to, the doll was STOLEN!! (But the way I see it, if you make a figure good enough that someone needs to steal it, it was a good figure.)

She was really bummed out, but it wasn't the end of the world. I made her another one.

And yesterday this happened:

Nevermind my giggly friends at the beginning. The Great Bat Commander gives me a compliment by name! That is seriously awesome!! Here's some more pics:

IMG_0728.jpg

According to her, he really liked the figure and kinda posed it and played with it for a bit:

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

The head is a modified Ponch, the body is by the great Dr. Mego, and the costume is by me. The first one I made had a Fonzie thumbs up hand, but this one doesn't. I'll have to get one and fix it.

She wanted to try and get The Aquabats to make figures, but I doubt it got further than this.

Thanks to Ann for takiing the figure to the con and thanks to The Aquabats for being so cool. It made my week!

Andrew
    Expectation is the death of discovery.
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

HAW!

That's all kinds of awesome!

Don C.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Crazy cool !
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

My 4 year old is totally flipping over this!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Awesome work!--I really enjoy the Aquabats & would love to see figures.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• bobws
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 13, 2008

I thought they were some thing from the 50's! You mean they a modern thing? I got to google this and see about them.
            Cool Figures, i remember the first one.
            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎