X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

CHiPS 35th Anniversary

The folks at the CHiPs 35th Anniversary Cast Reunion got in touch to let Mego fans know about the upcoming event to be held September 15th in Los Angeles, CA.If you are in the area it’s a chance to rub elbows with the cast of the show that inspired many of us to ride our bicycles in formation through the neighborhood back in the late 70s. Check out the flyer below or visit their website at ChipsReunion.com

CHiPs was one of Mego’s last successful licenses before their went out of business. CHiPs were done in the famous 8 inch action figure format as well as the 3 3/4 figure format. The Mego Museum CHiPS galleries have lots of photos and information about this line including a look at the Bruce Jenner headsculpt that was created when Jenner briefly took over for Erik Estrada in the early 80s.

To help promote the event the MegoMuseum podcast will be sitting down soon to record an interview with stars Larry (Officer Jon Baker) Wilcox and Robert (Sgt. Joe Getraer) Pine. It’s a great opportunity to speak with actors who were immortalized in authentic Mego vinyl form!

We’d love to pass along your questions or comments about the TV show and the toys to Larry and Robert, so please leave them in the comments section on the blog, on the Museum’s Facebook page, or here in the Mego Museum Forums.

More...
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

If we have any CHiPs fans here help us out with some questions or comments, thanks!
    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I love CHiPs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My question is to Larry ....

The likeness of the Jon figure is very questionable.
      Did you give your approval for the Jon 8" figure's likeness ?

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

that's a great question mikey! i was so disappointed when i saw that figure for the first time considering jon baker was my favorite between the two of them when i was a kid.

Comment

• Jason73
          Correctamundo!
          • Jan 11, 2009

How can they have a CHiPs reunion without Erik Estrada?
          Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

yeah, i just noticed that erik estrada is not listed on there too!

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

A bit out of my range of interests but I've always admired the Mego 8 inch Chips figures. The head sculpts were a maybe a tad on the big side but I think Mego made up for it with the unusually generous amount of accessories the figures came with.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

I love CHIPS! What I especially love about the show is that it's got plenty of action, adventure and car chases, w/o being violent. It's great for the whole family. Jon Baker has that boyish charm, Ponch has the sexiness and it all worked together. I even recorded CHIPS '99! Thanks for all the memories, guys!
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

I grew up watching CHiPS and like a lot of boys of my era, spent time pretneding with my brother we were Ponch and John. I was always John. To this day, we occassional greet each other by saying "Hey Ponch." ...."Hey John."

Here's my questions......

1) Do Larry, Erik and Robert keep in touch in 2012? If so, how often do you speak to one another?

2) Do they still own their mego dolls today? Where do they keep them?
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                    To Fear is Not Logical...
                    • Feb 17, 2008

My question sort of piggy-backs Mikey's, if not a final approval, did they even know there were figures being made? Today's contracts seems to be so different from what actors signed back in the 50s-70s. Did they even have provisions for toy licenses, etc, when they signed on to do the show?
                    It's all good!

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I think Scott's preinterview with Larry showed him not even barely aware of action figures. So those kinds of questions will involve crickets sadly.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• starsky
                        veteran member
                        • Aug 26, 2007

anbody planning on going to the reunion?

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

This is more of a comment rather than a question but Larry's time on CHiPs marked my time watching it

For me it was unwatchable after Larry left

I think because Jon was the most realistic character on the show

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

I agree, Mike.

I would have been like Randolph Mantooth or Kevin Tighe leaving "Emergency!" or Kent McCord or Martin Milner leaving "ADAM-12" before the series ended.

- Ian
                            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎