X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

WGSH Shazam Variations

When ever I get multiples of the same figure, I always like to compare them to one another to see if there's anything different about them. The other day I got an Orange Cuffed Shazam and put it up against the regular yellow cuffed version and another orange cuffed one I already had and found a few discrepancies amongst the three. I'm not sure if any of these have been documented before so I'll post my findings and any comments or insight is always appreciated.

First there seems to be two different lengths in the Orange Cuffed suits. The cuffs on the figure on the right has considerably longer and slimmer cuffs than the one in the center. The figure in the center has the same length and thickness as the T2 yellow Shazam on the left. The shades of orange between the two seem to vary a bit too. The one on the left has a rich golden color white the other is lighter. The color difference doesn't seem to be fading either. Again, I'm not sure if "long cuffs" and "short cuffs" or anything else about this has ever been mentioned before but the variance is enough for me to bring it up here.

Second on the back of the head of the T1 Long Orange Cuffed Shazam on the right (which is 100% original right down to the emblem) there is no copy-wright information. It's just blank like Peter Parkers is supposed to be only this figure has the Shazam black eyes instead of the blue. The other two figures have the stamp on the back of the neck. The head on the T2 is a lighter shade than the other T1 heads.

Lastly the belt stitching on the on the belt on the T2 Yellow Cuff suit is done differently than the two T1 Orange Cuff suits. I also have a second yellow cuff suit (which I did not photograph) that has the same stiching as the two orange cuffed suits.

Here are the pics, let me know what you think....

Last edited by spacecaps; May 19, '12, 1:24 AM.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
  • sauce
    Removed
    • Jun 24, 2007

I love this kind of comparison. The high sleeves are my favorite! And just look at that Velveeta color! Perfect for 'The Big Cheese.'

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I've never seen any oranged cuffed Shazams before this thread

Are they super rare ?

Comment

• spacecaps
        Second Mouse
        • Aug 24, 2011

No doubt the high cuffs in orange is the best looking out of the bunch. To me Shazam has always been kind of a middleclass Mego but if your gonna own one, thats the one to get for sure.

Yes Mikey they are pretty rare. It's a documented variant. I believe they were the first batch of Shazams (someone else here would know better on that) and they're only found on T1 bodies. It's kind of like the difference between a Batgirl and a Silk Screen Batgirl in terms of rarity and they can run anywhere from $150-$225 depending on the condition. The one in the pic with the high orange cuffs would be towards the higher end cause he's so nice and has the original emblem. The other one with the short orange cuffs and no emblem would be about $165 and the regular one is probably a $30-$40 figure.

The different copy-wright info on the heads is pretty strange too, no?
        Last edited by spacecaps; Jun 13, '12, 12:34 PM.
        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎