• Jun 16, 2001

Hey Welcome aboard Shane and Dave!
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• langston
      • Jul 22, 2012

place looks a little different? used to love reading the humerous forums over the years and got my mego education here
      looks different now has the place had a hair cut

Comment

• AMRA
        • Aug 1, 2012

Hi to one and all,
        Guess this is a good place to start for a new member.

Weighing here with my first post. Looking forward to getting involved with the Mego community. It certainly
        looks great. In general I'm a collector of many toys, not just Mego's. I have some Mego's, but overall
        I guess I'm rather late to this area of collecting. My interest has been more toward space toys from the 1970s
        and older. Especailly Marx and related space playsets. Lately though I find my interest moving into the action
        figure area of collecting.

The Mego's I have are the Star Treks figures, with some aliens and a Conan figure (card type). Looking for the
        Mego super hero figures now.

I was turn on to this site by a new friend who is a member of this community whom I recently did some trading
        with. We meet on Craigslist. A nice guy to deal with. He spoke very highly of this site.

Honestly it seems to be hard to find a good collector's site for collectables/vintage toys. Looking forward to
        getting involved with the fandom on this site.

Martin

Comment

• torgospizza
          Theocrat of Pan Tang
          • Aug 19, 2010

I knew you were a Conan fan as soon as I saw your username. Welcome aboard, Amra!

Comment

• AMRA
            • Aug 1, 2012

Yeah!!! No Doubt. You earned extra credit!!!!

Conan is were it all started with me and is the heart of my interest.

Thanks

Comment

• dee T.
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 25, 2012

Hi everybody,
              My name Deroche, I have been Mego collector since I was a child, I'm 36 now, and I still enjoy collecting. The last figures I purchased was a 2 pack of Battlestar Galactica figures made by the makers of Bif Bang Pow. Right now my project is repairing any broken Megos or Mego like figures I have still. I try to avoid the tape or glue mess like the plague, and find other ways and useful tools to work with I find handy that would work much better. My next project will someday create and make clothing for them and someday come up with a custom of my own. Look forward talking to you all real soon.
              Clothes make the doll

Comment

• mahseer
                Museum Super Collector
                • Sep 21, 2012

Hello! My name is Jason and I am new to the Mego scale. I was heavy in 1:6 scale WWII a few years back but lost the spark. I did a lot of custom sewing etc. in 1:6. I never had Megos as a kid but I did have Big Jim and Grizzly Adams who I outfitted with clearanced Adventure Team gear from Pic N Save. I always wanted the POTA stuff by Mego but it was a little before my time since I was born in 1970. What interests me now is customizing in Mego scale as well as anything space, alien, robot or monster related. I have always been a fan of cheezy knock off stuff and weird foreign stuff. I've had Lily Ledi, Geyper Man, Action Man and Tommy Gunn stuff in the past too. I look forward to getting to know you all. I've learned a lot already.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                  Love to play with Megos
                  • Oct 19, 2003

Hello AMRA, dee T. and mahseer,

Glad you like this MM site & forum. This forum is stronger for a very long time, I highly recommended it.

I would like to hear more about you with Mego and other Toys History!

I had some of vintage Battlestar Galactica carded and loose figures since 2004, Big Jim figure with Camper Van and few Megos since 1972-'78 when I was kid.... long story!

Welcome to the Mego Museum!!
                  Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• megotastic
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Oct 18, 2012

hey im new- im a long time mego nut- a child of the 70s i grew up in the uk with all the palitoy megos recently got back into collecting.

Comment

• vulcan2074
                      Live Long and Prosper
                      • Mar 23, 2008

Welcome aboard megotastic.
                      Sammy

Comment

• silveralex
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 22, 2012

Hi , just joined up. Many fond memories of Megos growing up in the 70s. Had WGSH (mostly DC) and a bunch of Star Trek. A few monsters too. About 15 yrs ago I remembered these great toys and bought a few on eBay . Haven't done much with them since besides look at them but recently got sucked back in by all the new Re-mego stuff that keeps popping up .

Lots of great stuff and talented folks here!

Comment

• Racingduster
                          • Sep 22, 2012

Hi, Im new here. Im in Minnesota and love these toys. I had them growing up and lost them along the way. Now im older and looking for my old toys. This is my first Toy Forum, I mainly stay with my Dragracing and Mopar sites so this is all kinda new to me.

I joined after lurking on here for awhile and REALLY liked what I saw.

Thank you for having such a great site!!

Comment

• GordoCrisp
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Nov 1, 2012

Hi to all, my name is Brian. I am one of those who were a Mego fan from childhood, but did not realize it until adulthood. I recall fondly my Aquaman and Iron Man figures from the days of Gerald Ford. Discovered this site from the venerable Plaid Stallions; one of my favorite places to visit. I work at a record store in Denver, CO, and when we began stocking the Universal Monsters and Six Million Dollar Man figures, my 1970's toy kid nervous system was reanimated! Looking forward to chatting with you all...it shall be a blast!

Comment

• convoy357
                              Ranch Hand
                              • Jul 30, 2012

Hi I'm Rob. I'm a long time collector of many different things, alot of which I have sold off over the years. I have/had stamps, sports cards & memorabilia, old fishing gear, action figures, and my daughter has a Barbie doll collection which I help her add to sometimes. I remember Mego figures from when I was a kid but I didn't have any. I remember looking at them in the stores and Christmas catalogs back then and thinking they looked pretty cool, but I always opted for GI Joes on my wish list. I now am an avid collector of vintage GI Joes and I buy and sell regularly. Sometimes in the vintage toy lots I aquire, I find bits and pieces from other toy lines such as Mego, Capt Action, Marx, Six Million Dollar Man, Fighting Furies, etc, etc. and I am attempting to learn more about these other toy lines....and maybe a figure or two will find its way into my display cabinets at some point....: ) I guess my favorite Mego figure would be Fighting Yank since I did actually have some of those when I was a kid and I have a modest assortment of the vintage figures and sets now. If I had to pick a favorite from the Mego superheroes line, I would have to go with Conan. I was a big fan of the Conan comics as a kid and also read all of the paperback novels I could find. Happy to meet you all and look forward to talking and maybe trading in the future!

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Welcome aboard gents! Happy to have you.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎