X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

Welcome to the forums, glad to have more new members!!
    Last edited by Mr Mego; Mar 6, '12, 3:52 PM.
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• THE FALCON
      Career Member
      • Jan 2, 2011

Welcome to the board Mego Man!

Comment

• Gary Seven
        • Mar 13, 2012

Hello,

Long time Dr. Who and Star Trek fan. I used to own a bunch of Mego's when I was growing up. Found the forum by chance and had to join, lots of great discussions going on.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Welcome aboard!
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• THE FALCON
            Career Member
            • Jan 2, 2011

I'm a long time Doctor Who & Star Trek (& Mego) fan too. Welcome!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Welcome - nice choice on the avatar

Comment

• Audiorij
                Museum Super Collector
                • Nov 6, 2009

Hello, I have been here for a short while and have done a few transactions with some people, all have gone well so far. But, I thought an introduction would be good.

I originally registered a username that was close to my name and decided I didn't like that and switched to a new one. I will tell you guys the old one if you need to know, in case you think its something shady. But it only lasted a couple months and I abandoned it.

My new username is a name I have used in relation to a few bands I have worked for over the years. With my brother, we have run their websites and done layout work for their CDs and DVDs, as well as mastering and editing of both audio and video. My day job is as a research tech at a place that manufactures silicon wafers that computer chips are made from. I create fake circuits and blow them up to test their properties.

My real name is Jason, I am in my 40s and have always lived near St Louis. I was a kid right at the start of the Mego craze, I remember buying my first Action Jackson, then the Super Heroes, the Batmobile and Batcycle, most of the Planet of Apes and a few Star Trek. It was a great time. We moved when I was about eight years old, we had been renting and my parents had a house built. We ran out of boxes and so we started using trash bags to pack things with, and my Megos and many toys went into trash bags and were taken to the truck and accidentally mixed in with the trash instead and thrown out. I searched the basement at the new house for months looking for them, it was devestating. Its only looking back that I have figured out what happened.

So, I have started from scratch to rebuild my childhood collection. I am not really as into the variations and unopened figures as others here, I mostly just want to fill the hole that was left when my collection was thrown out. I do have a lot of other stuff I have been and will continue to sell. A huge mound of unopened figures that mean less to me than the great old Megos.
                My wants

Good Traders

Comment

• Gary Seven
                  • Mar 13, 2012

Thank you! Glad to be here!

Comment

• MEGO_JUNKY
                    • Mar 1, 2012

Just saying Hello and introducing myself.

Hello Everyone,

I've been a looker for a long time and finaly decided to join. I've always like MEGO's, I was a late comer to the MEGO generation. By the time I was old enough to appreciate MEGOs they had already been out of production for a few years and I received a few kind of by accident. Like most kids I had an extream facination with Super Heroes so my Grandmother went Xmas shopping and couldn't find the 6" SuperPowers I asked for, she happened to find these large figures at a Dime store, gave them to me that year and I LOVED them!! That is when my "Thing" for MEGO's started.
                    It took a few years to learn about them and find out the name of the "Large Figures" I had when I was a kid (Those were pre-internet years).
                    I've started collecting them over the past couple of years and I buy and sell them as well. Like most of you I sell/buy them on Ebay, I sell under stevenits1 . It's a pleasure being here, take care !

Comment

• LadyZod
                      Superman's Gal Pal
                      • Jan 27, 2007

Willkommen!

Pre-Internet days were difficult... seems whenever I found Mego, dealers acted like they were one of a kind rare as all get out. Glad you found your way here.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                      Check out my art:
                      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• meggiepop
                        • Mar 20, 2012

Hi all - I found your website by accident while trying to research a toy I received for Christmas sometime in the 1970's - The Wizard of Oz Munchkinland. Boy, is this site a wealth of information and does it ever have a lot of very knowledgeable collectors. I had no idea that Mego was such a big thing, but as I'm reading a bunch of the threads I'm like - I remember that!, I had that, or I really wanted that! So Hi, and I'm looking forward to reminiscing

Comment

• toyman
                          Just Another Collector
                          • Sep 1, 2008

Hello and welcome aboard.

Comment

• dweb1
                            • Mar 27, 2012

Hi All,
                            My name is Don. I am thrilled that I found this site. As a kid in the 1970's I grew up with Mego. Christmas of '74 and '75 was my introduction to Mego's(my brother did get The Penguin around '73 I believe. ) But for me it was the Planet of the Apes where it all began. I was an Apes nut. Xmas of '74 I got the treehouse and figures because I was a big fan of the tv show at the time. 1975 it was Star Trek Mego's for Xmas. Fast forward about 13 years and I got into the collectible world during the lunchbox boom of '88-'89. I was hitting the toy shows all over Mass and RI. I got into vintage toys after that buying and selling more than collecting. I subscribed to Toy Shop magazine...remember that publication anyone? Then in 1996-'97 came Ebay. I signed up right away and still selling anything and everything on the bay(an Ebay csr has told me I have one of the oldest accounts they have seen) Collectibles and vintage guitars are my thing. Recently I started to look into Mego's. I had sold a set of 8 ape figures and the treehouse about 14 years ago on ebay but nothing since. I just picked up a MOC Cornelius that will be up on there soon. So that's my story. Again glad to be here !

Comment

• SWCWorld
                              Museum Patron
                              • Aug 10, 2011

Hi, just posted about the upcoming Battlestar Galactica figures!

Have been a collector of Megos since 1973. We used to go to the local TG&Y for the Worlds Greatest Superheroes line. As a kid, I picked up Aquaman, Batman (removable cowl), Tarzan, Spiderman, Shazam, and others. I also collected the Planet of the Apes series.

Over the years I've added and sold from my collection. As I have thinned it out, I currently only have the four WGSH villains, Spider-man (in the box), all of the Apes, two of the Monsters (Frankenstein and Mummy). I have also added the TV Toys Dracula and Wolfman and the Pirates for my son. I also still have the Apes Treehouse and Forbidden Zone, but have sold the Throne, Catapult, Battering Ram, and Village.

I would one day like to re-add some of the superhero figures I had to sell, such as the T1 Aquaman and Tarzan.

I am grateful for a website and forum such as this to help relive some nice memories.

Comment

• bigphill
                                • Apr 6, 2012

hey

I am one of those that have searched for info on this site, but now I am ready to dive back in. I use to own a spiderman, Hulk and my brother had the Thing. One of my other brothers had Thor and I think I am obsessed with having that figure because he wouldn't let none of us touch it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎