X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enik
    • Mar 5, 2010

Hey everybody
    New to the forum but do I ever remember those magical Mego creations from my youth.
    Cmonster's awesome sleestak creation is what made me track this place down
    I collect stuff related to Sleestaks (and of course Enik), Legion of Super-Heroes, ROM Spaceknight, Micronauts, Deadpool, Taskmaster, Jocasta, Super-Adaptoid and John Carter Warlord of Mars... a niche set of characters but it still manages to keep me broke
    Oh, I'm also an Eaglemoss Classic Marvel Figurine Collection completist. I have most of the DC line as well but budget and space reasons forced me to pull the plug and start restricting new figurines to my niche character set.

Can't wait to see what you guys are making and buying ^^
    Thanks for letting me join the group
    Best,
    Mark aka Enik

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Welcome Mark. Are you going to make your Sleestak custom?

Comment

• Enik
        • Mar 5, 2010

Hoping to make a few from components that gifted sculptors & customs gurus on this board have already created. I have to read a little more to see how you guys assemble customs (this is very different from my statue addiction so I have a lot to learn).
        ... the slippery slope begins...

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

There's been so many new People joining lately...I'm just going to say WELCOME EVERYBODY!! Hope you all hang around, and have some FUN here at the Museum!
          sigpic

Comment

• MegoMark71
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 18, 2008

welcome newest members

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

Welcome to The Museum Enik. This place Rocks like no other
              Sammy

Comment

• WilliamC
                • Mar 12, 2010

Hello. My name is Bill and I'm 37 years old. I grew up with the WGSH line (along with some of the star trek line). I found this site a couple days ago and read the thread talking about the untrustworthy (minority) of dealers/traders here. I was very impressed with the composure and class some members showed on the thread, lets just say I'm used to frequenting chat sites that aren't as pleasant (lol).

Mego toys are one of my many interests, and I joined to ask people in the know a handful of questions. One of which being- when in the world are we going to se a Flash mego? Rumor is wave 3 of the new line, oh man I hope so.

Oh BTW- I don't plan to sell anything here but I could see myself buying some customs here (Mirror Master, Flash, Reverse Flash, etc). My ebay handle is carmineinfantino- check out my feedback for results of past transactions.
                Last edited by WilliamC; Mar 15, '10, 11:26 PM. Reason: added ebay info

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

A big welcome to all the new members, I hope you have a lot of fun here!

Cat
                  Last edited by SlipperyLilSuckers; Mar 16, '10, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome Mark and Bill
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

I was very impressed with the composure and class some members
                      That's what keeps me coming back over and over again! Welcome all!
                      It's all good!

Comment

• vulcan2074
                        Live Long and Prosper
                        • Mar 23, 2008

Welcome to The Museum Mark and Bill
                        Sammy

Comment

• saintsyn
                          • Mar 18, 2010

Hey there everybody,
                          Just started venturing to the board here lately and thought I would drop in and say "Howdy!"
                          I'm 36 (though perpetually 12) and grew up sharing my brothers Mego's. We had most of the superheroes and a few odd characters here and there. In the mid eighties I had a collection of Lion rock WW2 knock-offs that they carried locally at Walgreen's drug stores. I had been out of the Mego game for a long time but recently picked up Cat-A-Ways Phantom figure.
                          Last weekend I picked up all of the DC heroes from Toys r Us and now I am thoroughly addicted!
                          I've been hitting this site daily now and am in awe at the amount of cool things out there... repros, customs... I'm very excited!
                          I've since pre-ordered Emce's Flash Gordon figures and have begun picking up some other repros out there and even have begun toying with the idea of making customs. I really love the idea of making customs in this scale, I've been a 1/6 collector for years, but it has been getting ridiculously expensive.
                          I feel like the Mego scale will offer my a greater diversity and ability to customize and that makes me pretty happy!
                          Thanks for such a wonderful site and the great wealth of knowledge presented here!

Cheers!

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard. We could always use another customizer, have fun
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 24, 2009

Hi all! I joined this forum with the announcement of the Mattel "Mego's". Mego and I go way back. I am a child of the 70's and have fond memories of Mego Batman and Robin. I had others, so did all of my friends. I went on to Star Wars and GI Joe before getting 'too old' for toys. However, I got into comics and continued to buy toys more for collecting than play, although I can never leave my toys in the package, so I am a confirmed loose collector. I had Super Powers and Transformers among others. I eventually got back into Mego's in the 90's. I walked into Krypton Comics in Omaha Nebraska and they had Mego's for sale. I bought a Superman from them and I was hooked. I had a pretty good collection until I finally sold them all for some much needed household funding. I began customizing back during the 5 inch scale X-Men days. I had many Mego customs as well. I got the Mego itch again right before the new Mattel figures were announced. I have been trying to catch up on buying the new Retro cloth figures, mostly Star Trek. I am thrilled to see this format make a comeback!

Comment

• wilbs518
                                Mego Collector
                                • Jul 25, 2009

Welcome aboard everyone!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎