• Jun 25, 2001

Welcome Guys.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• vulcan2074
      Live Long and Prosper
      • Mar 23, 2008

Hi Randy
      Your going to have a great time here. This place totally Rocks. It has so many cool people. Welcome aboard
      Sammy

Comment

• mnopoly515
        • Oct 22, 2009

my 1st post here at buzz,how is everyone doing today?well i like all things mego and thanks to reissues now every bootleggers dreams coming through i suppose!

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
          I was NEVER here!
          • Jun 22, 2008

welcomeaboardmnopoly515Ihopeyouenjoyyourtimewithus ItakeityouhaveagreatinterestinStaTrekstuff?

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by Duncan
            Hi, I'm Duncan. I first introduced myself in the middle of a random thread, which I've learned is a minor breach of etiquette. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyway, I live in central Ohio, and I've been into Megos since about 1973 when I was in preschool or K. I'm pretty sure I remember the X-mas when I got the Bat Cave, and I vividly recall buying Wonder Woman with my mom at Gimbels. I had a decent bunch of figures until about 3rd or 4th grade, when we had a yard-sale. I sold most of my Mego figures, plus all of my GI Joes (with kung-fu grip!), and a plastic Batman cowl - all for pocket change. A few years ago, I started to rebuild my collection (mostly on e-bay) which had been reduced to Aquaman, minus the costume.

I'm proud to say that Aquaman is no longer relegated to clothing-optional playsets, and he has a few friends to hang out with. In addition, my kids are getting into super heroes, and I've set them up with a collection of play worn or pieced-together Megos. I generally buy loose figures, and recently have been trying to accumulate original boxes & open cards for them. I don't make customs, but I buy them when I can.

So, I've made a few posts here and bought a few items from other members. So far, I'm impressed. I lurked here for a while & wish I'd joined sooner. I've attended 2 or 3 Mego Meets in WV, and have thoroughly enjoyed myself at each.

Thanks,
            Duncan

Welcome! Even though he was fabric challnged for a while I'm sure that Aquaman is held in high esteem. There's never anything cooler than having one of your originals.

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by Duncan
              Hi, I'm Duncan. I first introduced myself in the middle of a random thread, which I've learned is a minor breach of etiquette. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyway, I live in central Ohio, and I've been into Megos since about 1973 when I was in preschool or K. I'm pretty sure I remember the X-mas when I got the Bat Cave, and I vividly recall buying Wonder Woman with my mom at Gimbels. I had a decent bunch of figures until about 3rd or 4th grade, when we had a yard-sale. I sold most of my Mego figures, plus all of my GI Joes (with kung-fu grip!), and a plastic Batman cowl - all for pocket change. A few years ago, I started to rebuild my collection (mostly on e-bay) which had been reduced to Aquaman, minus the costume.

I'm proud to say that Aquaman is no longer relegated to clothing-optional playsets, and he has a few friends to hang out with. In addition, my kids are getting into super heroes, and I've set them up with a collection of play worn or pieced-together Megos. I generally buy loose figures, and recently have been trying to accumulate original boxes & open cards for them. I don't make customs, but I buy them when I can.

So, I've made a few posts here and bought a few items from other members. So far, I'm impressed. I lurked here for a while & wish I'd joined sooner. I've attended 2 or 3 Mego Meets in WV, and have thoroughly enjoyed myself at each.

Thanks,
              Duncan

Welcome! Even though he was fabric challnged for a while I'm sure that Aquaman is held in high esteem. There's never anything cooler than having one of your originals IMO.

Comment

• Wyld Knights
                • Oct 7, 2009

Hello,

My name is Jim O'Dell, and at one point I was an avid Mego collector. Things got tough and I had to sell my entire collection (plus customs). I have yet to re-buy any of the original Megos or any of the new one but I hope to soon. I do collect Marvel Legends though.

Used to live in Nor Cal but now live in Colorado with the family. I am 40 years old and remember my childhood well. I loved Megos and Star Wars, and now my boys (11 and 9) are into SW figures and to an extend, superheroes.

Is Mark Hannah a member here still? I got to meet him several years ago at a few toy conventions. If he reads this, Hey Mark!

Jim

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Welcome aboard Jim, do you still customize? Looking forward to seeing some of your work
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• vulcan2074
                    Live Long and Prosper
                    • Mar 23, 2008

Welcome aboard Jim. Your gonna have a great time here. The Museum is the Place to be
                    Sammy

Comment

• Wyld Knights
                      • Oct 7, 2009

Originally posted by Meule
                      Welcome aboard Jim, do you still customize? Looking forward to seeing some of your work

I don't. I used to when I was really into the Mego scene in the late 90's early 2000s.

Thanks for the warm welcome (back)!!

Comment

• ohmalarky
                        • Nov 23, 2009

My name is Stephen and I've been really into Megos for a very very long time. During childhood I burned through several Batmen and Robins. I remember an Aquaman getting lost in a snow tunnel in front of our house never to be found again (weeping). These were the toys I played with constantly, posing them on woodpiles, trees, rocks. Catapulting Captain America into the air with a parachute made of a trash bag wadded and strung onto his back, or sending Falcon up on the wooden crossbar of my Gayla kite. Playing with Hulk and the salt and pepper shakers at dinner. When we travelled I was only allowed to bring two along, so I would take a good guy and a bad guy and enact endless battle between them.
                        Over the years I've dreamed, actually dreamed over and over, of finding rare or non-existent Megos in shops or cracks in the sidewalk. Sometimes I've scored terrific little real life finds and have been rebuilding (and then some) my collection. Now I've got a grid shaped shelf on the wall displaying 49 of my favorites. Most are WGSH, plus Star Trek, Mad Monsters, Wizard of Oz, and POTA. They aren't all mint, and some have had a little help from Dr. Mego, but they still look so cool. It isn't really about the money for me at all.
                        Glad to be part of the Mego lover community.

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by ohmalarky
                          My name is Stephen and I've been really into Megos for a very very long time. During childhood I burned through several Batmen and Robins. I remember an Aquaman getting lost in a snow tunnel in front of our house never to be found again (weeping). These were the toys I played with constantly, posing them on woodpiles, trees, rocks. Catapulting Captain America into the air with a parachute made of a trash bag wadded and strung onto his back, or sending Falcon up on the wooden crossbar of my Gayla kite. Playing with Hulk and the salt and pepper shakers at dinner. When we travelled I was only allowed to bring two along, so I would take a good guy and a bad guy and enact endless battle between them.
                          Over the years I've dreamed, actually dreamed over and over, of finding rare or non-existent Megos in shops or cracks in the sidewalk. Sometimes I've scored terrific little real life finds and have been rebuilding (and then some) my collection. Now I've got a grid shaped shelf on the wall displaying 49 of my favorites. Most are WGSH, plus Star Trek, Mad Monsters, Wizard of Oz, and POTA. They aren't all mint, and some have had a little help from Dr. Mego, but they still look so cool. It isn't really about the money for me at all.
                          Glad to be part of the Mego lover community.
                          Welcome aboard Stephen, thanks for telling us a little about yourself.
                          I think we've all had that rare Mego find dream
                          When you have some time be sure to share some pics of your collection with us
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• deputypowell
                            bloodthirsty member
                            • Nov 2, 2009

Hi! I am an 8-year-old trapped in the body of a 38-year-old Law Enforcement Officer. I loved the Mego Museum Trading Cards but must also 'fess my love for the Plaid Stallions Trading Cards. I like to collect these cards because in my house I am still a man and must not play or keep toys. I am a grown professional with a career and watching every penny for my retirement. However, that being said...I can still enjoy memories from my childhood thanks to Mego Museum and Plaid Stallions through a secret stash of trading cards that my wife need not see. I know I am not the only one out there who feels this way. Thanks for making something as simple as small little trading cards that make me happy to be alive. SHOW THE LOVE!
                            Last edited by deputypowell; Nov 25, '09, 2:38 PM. Reason: typo due to excitement!
                            Wanted: Slime Sticker PLEASE!

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by deputypowell
                              Hi! I am an 8-year-old trapped in the body of a 38-year-old Law Enforcement Officer. I loved the Mego Museum Trading Cards but must also 'fess my love for the Plaid Stallions Trading Cards. I like to collect these cards because in my house I am still a man and must not play or keep toys. I am a grown professional with a career and watching every penny for my retirement. However, that being said...I can still enjoy memories from my childhood thanks to Mego Museum and Plaid Stallions through a secret stash of trading cards that my wife need not see. I know I am not the only one out there who feels this way. Thanks for making something as simple as small little trading cards that make me happy to be alive. SHOW THE LOVE!
                              Watch out everyone, there's a new sheriff in town
                              Welcome aboard

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                                To Fear is Not Logical...
                                • Feb 17, 2008

Welcome guys!
                                It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎