Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Mego did you 1st piece together for your collection?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

What Mego did you 1st piece together for your collection?

I am asking about the first Mego you had to piece together for your collection? Please dont limit your response to all vintage parts. I'd like to hear about repro parts as well. BUying a MIB Mego in my case is way beyond my means. I'm sure many here have gone the route of chasing the parts through ebay or other venue's
    The first Mego I re- assemble to near completion was a Tarzan. I had gotten the body, head and loincloth off of ebay. I added a flesh colored bodysuit from CTVT and later got a repro knife from Doc @ Mego Meet. There was a huge amount of joy as I put the pieces together into a Mego that looked as he would have looked when he came out of the package.
    My second was Ironman. In his case. He owes a lot to Doc as I had to get his bodysuit, Gloves, Boots and belt from Paul. The only original part I had was the Head/body and a tattered suit that I could not repair. I tried for months to secure the original missing bit on ebay. Only to be outbid or over bid by others.

Although Ironman is my all-time favorite Mego. Getting that Tarzan together still is a great memory for me of when I started collecting
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • Toyman_Chris
    70's Era Pimp
    • Sep 7, 2011

My first was Iron Man. I found one at a flea market. Honestly, only missing his boots and the chest repulsor. I started with repro boots, but eventually was able to trade someone here for a set of original boots. I bought a repro chest repulsor, which he still wears.

Comment

• The Shadow Knows
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 24, 2012

Since I am fairly new at collecting MEGOS (only about three months now), my very first pieced together MEGO was also a TARZAN. It happened quite by accident. About a year ago I purchased a MARX BEST OF THE WEST box lot off of the GOODWILL auction site and in the lot was the TARZAN suit complete and in very nice condition.

About a week later I picked up another box lot of assorted action figures (really wanting only the MARX MIKE HAZARD figure in the lot). As I was sorting through the lot I discovered a nude MEGO. I was curious and did some research and discovered it was TARZAN. I discovered that I had an almost complete figure. With the suit and now the figure the only item missing was the knife.

I then went to my parts bin and found an ACTION JACKSON knife. My figure was complete (at least for me).

I am quickly building my new MEGO collection. Working on a SECOND Iron Man (anyone have a nude Iron Man or just the head?)

The hunt is always fun but completing is the ultimate!

Enjoy what you like!
      Who KNOWS what EVIL lurks in the hearts of men? The SHADOW knows!!

VINTAGE MEGOS WANTED: STARSKY, and an Action Jackson ARMY UNIFORM

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Planet of the Apes Astronaut, mine needed a new helmet, fortunately this was 1985 and AJ outfits were still found at retail here.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

That's a tough one but it was probably an Iron man also. I bought T2 with a nice suit/chest button attached and filled it with out with repro boots/gloves/belt. It's actually a case where I preferred the repro stuff since it has a nice red tone as compared to the orange of the originals. The biggest-mish mash I have is a custom "TV outfit" Starsky. Original head, Luke Duke shirt and pants and CTV fonzie jacket/boots.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

The very first one was a t1 Shazam I fixed using a donor, also broken, Captain Kirk.

Ol' Shazam was being held together by his bodysuit and a ton of airplane glue. At the end, he was back to his old self. I, on the other hand, was infected with Mego-itis.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

Shoes for my Dracula.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MegoMark71
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 18, 2008

Mine was also Ironman. My first one as a kid and the first one i wanted as an adult. I bought a really nice one but i needed his gloves.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 25, 2010

I had to replace the right hand on my Soldier Ape and find a moccasin for Cornelius. These were figures from childhood that I reconnected with a couple years ago.
                  Vintage Toy Rescue
                  1614-B N State Hwy 161
                  Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                  (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• jimsmegos
                    Mego Dork
                    • Nov 9, 2008

My first came way back in 2002 when I ordered Batman gloves and boots from Doc and also a resin Hal Jordan Green Lantern head. That was a really good day.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Superman. He's got a pair of CTVT boots and an emblem I bought in a set of repro emblems from Joe.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                        • Oct 8, 2007

Batman. My original He was missing his cape and gloves. The Doc hooked me up, then I found this place.
                        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• megoapesnut
                          The name says it all!
                          • Dec 3, 2007

Mine was not a figure but the POTA Tree House. I had such great memories of playing with it back in the 70's, that it was what I had to have.

Comment

• AJ Collector
                            The Biggest Little Man!
                            • Aug 24, 2008

Conan and Iron Man, hunted for parts here and on ebay.......When the last piece came in the mail it made my day!

Comment

• vulcan2074
                              Live Long and Prosper
                              • Mar 23, 2008

I pieced together a Conan with original parts. All I needed to finish him was some boots which I bought from Dan a couple years ago.
                              Sammy

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎