The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An "Oh so nearly" Ebay frustration thred.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • English Paul
    Archive cased.
    • Aug 17, 2005

An "Oh so nearly" Ebay frustration thred.

Other than not bidding high enough what other factors have lost you auction wins?

A slow internet connection meant I lost a stab at Bradgate carded Zira in a hidden auction - It sold for £54.

Not been signed in and not realising meant my last minute bid was thwarted on a Supergirl. Vinny won it for £22.

Just forgetting to bid lost me a chance at a Green Arrow which Antiquetiger won for a great price.

(Obviously my bids might not have been high enough if I had got the bid in but they all felt like lost opportunities)
    "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

You need auction sniper. If you see something, set the snipe for the max you will pay for the item and forget about it.
    sigpic

Comment

• Action Martin
      Apeonaut
      • Dec 30, 2007

It's been so long since I've actually bid on anything on eBay. Most times if there isn't a "Buy It Now", I pass on it. I did get into a little bidding war last week for a Hasbro G.I. Joe Timeless Collection Undercover Agent. Most times that I saw one on eBay it was $75+. I was able to get this one for $22.00.
      Last edited by Action Martin; Jan 3, '08, 2:18 PM.
      Scott

Comment

• trekfan
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 9, 2003

Recently, I went to bid on a hidden Mego auction (I don't remember what it was - I must have purged it from my memory) and waited until it was at about 15 seconds. I entered my bid, confirmed it, and...I was taken to a page about recalled toys from China that I had to click Okay (or whatever). By the time I did that, the auction had ended...at .99 cents

Oh well...

David

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

The few auctions that actually mattered (some Basa's) I lost because I was outbid by Rudy. And we all know there's no point going at it against him
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

I just usually totally forget about it or I miscalculate the time
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• jemboy2004
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 14, 2005

Yes a sniper service is the best way. I recommend bidnip.com it's really awesome. I rarely miss a chance to bid now.

Well, unless I forget to put it in my sniper service and when it ends I'm like, What?

I've done it a couple of times recently and kicked myself as I would have won the items as the reserves wasn't met found out what the reserve was and my bid was above the reserve. Long story short the seller sold it to someone else who was willing to pay his reserve. Dam it!

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                Banned
                • Oct 17, 2007

i missed out on a crazy foam spiderman can this past week. It has 2 incomplete cans as well. just bid and then my computer lost it mind and I didnt get to re-bid

Comment

• Surfsup
                  Silver Chrome Dome
                  • Dec 2, 2005

I rarely lose an auction when I go for something I really want. The only time I did lose recently was when the Auction Stealer failed to work for some unknown reason. Other than that I've been quite lucky.

I feel for you on the Bradgate Zira Paul, I bet that hurt as they are pretty rare.

Comment

• kresge1
                    Museum_Bozo
                    • Jun 20, 2001

Originally posted by English Paul
                    Not been signed in and not realising meant my last minute bid was thwarted on a Supergirl. Vinny won it for £22.
                    Paul,
                    Your a good guy and i am sorry you missed out,but on the other hand .I am happy i found it
                    She is a straight armed beauty to boot
                    figurine superwoman MEGO 1972 - eBay (item 220180244399 end time Dec-12-07 12:05:00 PST)
                    Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• RG
                      Removed.
                      • Oct 1, 2004

I had my computer freeze on me and I lost a so/so wonder woman for $15 Aquahawxx won it so I know I could have got it lol

There was a sweet mis labled lot that sold for about 100 and when I went to bid eBay tossed up a page about how I need to change my password becasue they felt it was too simple and someone could figure it out ???

I also had an auction almost get messed up because of the "toys from China" crap but I got lucky and had about 10 seconds to spair.

I'm on dial up still so many times I've been kicked off line but so far it's only caused me minor ebay losses.

One time I was about to bid on a sweet MOC Ben Kenobi on a Jedi card ... it had the free coin offer, and I ended up having to run and help my niece who ended up upside down on the couch and when I got back I had run out of time.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

That's a sweet Supergirl Vinny, congrats.

Paul, I've been there and I honestly can say sniping software helps. If it's something important to me, I usually try to manually bid though, I don't know why....
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kresge1
                          Museum_Bozo
                          • Jun 20, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                          That's a sweet Supergirl Vinny, congrats.

Paul, I've been there and I honestly can say sniping software helps. If it's something important to me, I usually try to manually bid though, I don't know why....
                          Thanks Brian,it almost makes up for being outbid in the last second on a Lily Ledy catalog
                          Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
                            You need auction sniper. If you see something, set the snipe for the max you will pay for the item and forget about it.
                            This is the motto i live by, i hardly ever raise my max bid
                            if i'm outbid so be it, i just start looking for another one, i refuse to get into a bidding war

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by kresge1
                              Thanks Brian,it almost makes up for being outbid in the last second on a Lily Ledy catalog
                              eeeeeep!
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎