X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego of the Week : Monsters We Love

Here we are in the middle of October so it’s no wonder that today on Mego of the Week we take a look at our favorite 4 Mad Monster buddies. As one of Megos best lines the Monsters are all kinds of win-win. From the Red Haired Dracula, to the Window box Wolfman, to the Kresge carded Mummy to the T2 Frankenstein – there is plenty to collect in the line. And let’s not forget the ultra cool and even more ultra rare Mad Monster Castle. What kid wouldn’t have loved that?

So when you are out trick or treating this month with your kids take a monster with you. He’ll thank you for it. For more information on these visit the Mad Monsters page at the Mego Museum

More...
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

My favorite month with my favorite holiday and my favorite creatures
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• HumanWolfman
      Type3Toys Has Transformed
      • Oct 5, 2011

Originally posted by Meule
      I am right there with you Thomas. Best holiday of the year and the absolute best line of toys ever made...The Mego Mad Monsters
      View My Customs
      www.type3toys.com
      or check here
      http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

MONSTERS!!! WOOOO!!!!

I remember the Mummy being the only one I had as a kid. Found him in a painted box at Mr Gamesway's Arc when I was a kid. He was one of my faves, and drove a red Corvette Stingray.

Don C.

Comment

• generic
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 25, 2009

Oh yeah, I love those Mad Mego Monsters!
          Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
            To Fear is Not Logical...
            • Feb 17, 2008

This is funny because I was searching through all of the AHI and Lincoln Monsters last night on PlaidStallions and remembering to myself how in Kresgees they had bins full of these guys at this time of year.
            It's all good!

Comment

• bobws
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 13, 2008

Originally posted by ctc
              MONSTERS!!! WOOOO!!!!

I remember the Mummy being the only one I had as a kid. Found him in a painted box at Mr Gamesway's Arc when I was a kid. He was one of my faves, and drove a red Corvette Stingray.

Don C.
              WOW, a Mummy drives a better car than i do!
              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• alex
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 15, 2009

Sorry Guys, if I offend, but out of all the mego lines, this one is my least favourite. I just dont like the look of them and feel that mego, put the least thought into these, and thats saying someting as Im seriously hooked on all things "mego". The best has to be "frankie" he passes, the worst being the "wolfman", what on earth is he wearing, some medievel clothing. I never saw these growing up, so maybe this is my problem.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

I love the monsters and i'm ashamed to admit i've never owned any or even held one in my hands.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                    Me, too!

And I love Wolfman's medieval design; it's unique compared to Chaney, Jr. knock-offs.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• turnbolt
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 26, 2008

Love that castle! My favorite Mego playset.
                      I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

I was surprised the Castle box was so small the very first time I saw one in person.

I still would like to get 1 T1 and 3 T2s to at least complete those sets of 4. Then maybe I'll get lucky and word on some window boxes or Kreges....
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

as a kid we had superheros,apes trek ,my first monster was drac,my brother got the wolfman,and even though they did not look like the monsters from universal that we watched every saturday night on sinister cinema back in the day,ill never forget the hours of fun we had with them.still have them,the trick was not to put them so close to the light so their eyes would not melt.also got frankie and the mummy soon after at the time.timless fun.

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

I bought my first MM, a Dracula, at the Brimfield, MA Antique Show back in the 90's complete for $20. At the time I didn't know much about the monsters and remember wondering if I was paying too much. It's still in my collection today.
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

Mego knocked themselves out w/the packaging on these figures. I think it was the Mad Monster boxes that inspired the great Mego73 to get into the biz.
                              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎