X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

My nephew has Mego envy

My nephew came over the other day with one of those Superman figures from Dollar General and one of those Spiderman's that come on a motorcycle. He thought he had something special I guess until he saw my Megos of those two.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

LOL! poor kid,same thing happened to my cousin when Is aw he had 4 modern Kiss figures and I was like man I have the original mego ones.His look was priceless
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

there is nothing like megos . todays stuff cant compare except the emce which are close but not quite there. no disrepect to emce toys just to me no0thing will ever be as good as mego even if mego corp reopened. the original is still the ebst. great stories damian and jw

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
        Banned
        • Oct 17, 2007

funny thing is they will get some of your old toys when you kick off or everything is sold to put you in a home.

Comment

• RG
          Removed.
          • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by PCofmisfittoys
          funny thing is they will get some of your old toys when you kick off or everything is sold to put you in a home.
          I have all sorts of little cousins, older cousin'skids etc. and when they see my collections, they always seem to ask I can have them when you die sooner or later

it's fun to see a kids jaw drop when they see my collection, and then it's a nightmare trying to get them out of the room lol lol. I keep small items on hand to give to kids, it really helps at times

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
            Banned
            • Oct 17, 2007

yeah I am the same way . My three year old sees the 6' falcon, speeder bike pedal car and the large naboo fighter and always wants to ride them for some reason. That's part of the reason I have three storage buildings with everything stored and only a little out for general viewing. oneday they will al be his or i might decide to bury them all with me like an egyptian god...LOL

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

He's 4 so it's funny when he ohhhs and ahhhs when I bring out the different ones from my collection.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 1, 2005

I've given away a couple of "fixer upper" Superman and Batman Megos to young relatives in recent times. I don't criticize the modern toy industry for their advancements in tooling and everything, but it's amazing how a modern day 4 or 5 year old boy will still get a huge smile when handed a Mego Superman and play with it for hours. I think it's a testament to what fantastic toys Mego created over 30 years go, they still appeal to kids.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

I know. The boy I babysit, Zachary, loves my Star Trek and POTA figures. he says stuff like, "I could play w/ these all day!" Gotta love that!
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• mitchedwards
                    Mego Preservation Society
                    • May 2, 2003

My 10 yr old Nephew gave my extra Spiderman and Superman a workout over the Thanksgiving holiday. I was amazed that 30 yr old toys could still take the punishment of kid play.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎