Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

There's going to be a lot of Chewbacca customs made out of that, I'm guessing

Comment

• Bionicfans
      • Oct 6, 2011

This is exciting news. Congratulations to Bif Bang Pow! for securing this license. It's been way too long since we've had some new Six Million Dollar Man action figures. This I just another gem in the Bionic Renaissance that's happening right now; all Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Man episodes are finally available on domestic US DVD and a new ongoing Bionic Man comic book series debuted in August and sold out (Bionic Woman is scheduled for 2012). And now comes this great news. I haven't been an action figure collector since I was a kid - but all that's about to change.

What would be my choice for first wave? The most iconic, of course! Steve Austin, Oscar Goldman, Jaime Sommers, Bigfoot, and Fembot. It's simply exciting to think about the possibilities. The imagination soars with questions: what kind detailing and articulation will they have? What iconic or otherwise familiar clothes will they wear? Will there be variant versions based on iconic episodes? Will they have accessories? Will there be playsets based on iconic episodes? So many opportunities.

But there's also a golden opportunity here to create action figures based on characters that deserved to be represented back in Kenner's day - but weren't:

DOCTOR RUDY WELLS
      Rudy Wells - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      The man behind Bionics! Played by 3 great actors, all giving a slightly different performance, but all distinctive for their role in iconic episodes. Martin Balsam played the first Rudy in the pilot film, then Allan Oppenheimer in the 2nd and 3rd pilot movies and first two seasons. Finally, the Rudy most are familiar with, played by Martin E. Brooks, he filled the role in seasons 3*, 4, and 5 of Six Mill and all three seasons of Bionic Woman and all three reunion movies in the 80s and 90s. How can a new line of action figures not include good old Rudy?

BARNEY MILLER - THE SEVEN MILLION DOLLAR MAN
      The Seven Million Dollar Man - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      As played by Monte Markham, Barney Miller (retcon: Hiller) was an ex-race car driver whom Oscar made Bionic after a near-fatal crash. He's just like Steve - only instead of a Bionic Eye, he has a left Bionic arm. Barney is a tortured soul who just can't seem to handle being Bionic and takes out his frustrations on others. It's up to Steve Austin to stop Barney in an awesome all-out Bionic slug-fest. The character appeared in two episodes, first in season two's "The Seven Million Dollar Man," and again in season three's "The Bionic Criminal."

CALLAHAN Peggy Callahan - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      Oscar's trusted secretary, the only one with a security six clearance. As played by the wonderful Jennifer Darling, Margaret (Peggy) Callahan appeared in ELEVEN episodes of Six Mill (4) and Bionic Woman (7) in which she was central to the episodes' plot. She was also turned into a FEMBOT in the iconic crossover, "Kill Oscar>" Imagine duel action figure release with a "real" and "Fembot" Callahan!

DOCTOR FRANKLIN - Dr. Franklin - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      Played by the legendary John Houseman, Dr. Franklin threatens to take over the world and terrorizes Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers with his deadly Fembots in the only 3-part crossover, "Kill Oscar." Bif Bang Pow! could package him with his favorite number one Fembot, KATY. That would be amazing.

MAXIMILLIAN - THE BIONIC DOG
      Maximillian - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      Appeared in TEN episodes of Bionic Woman, many of which he was principal to the story.

MR X ROBOT - from DAY OF THE ROBOT
      Day of the Robot - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      Kenner's Maskatron action figure was based on the robot from this episode. Although Kenner never marketed the connection, one of the face masks that came packaged with the figure bore a likeness to John Saxon, who played the robot character. Bif Bang Pow! has a great opportunity to make their own robot enemy for Steve and draw directly from "Day of the Robot."

They could package him with a DOCTOR DOLENZ action figure, the mad scientist who created the robot and plagued Steve Austin for three episodes over two seasons, ultimately kidnapping Oscar Goldman and replacing him with a robot, too! Chester Dolenz - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman

And also:

The Bionic Boy - The Bionic Boy - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      Played by Vince Van Patten, confined to a wheelchair, Andy Sheffield submits to Rudy's Bionic treatment and becomes the world's first Bionic boy in this two-hour episode.

The Alex7000 Master Computer - ALEX 7000 - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      The soft-soaked computer voice of Alex taunts Jaime Sommers as she tries to stop him from detonating a nuclear bomb. This would be a small figure that could be packaged with a variant Jaime Sommers spotlighting this two-part episode, "Doomsday Is Tomorrow," considered the best in the entire run of Bionic Woman.

Lisa Galloway - Lisa Galloway - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      This surgically altered impostor threatened the life of Jaime Sommers over three episodes of Bionic Woman, often referred to by fans as the Lisa Galloway Trilogy.

Michael Austin - Michael Austin - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      Steve Austin's son revealed in 1987's "Return of the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman." he has a laser eye! This is an opportunity for Bif Bang Pow! to create the next generation of Bionic characters from the reunion films!

Kate Mason - Kate Mason - Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman
      Sandra Bullock may be a superstar now, but to Bionic fans she'll always be Bionic Girl Next Door, Kate Mason, the next generation Bionic Woman from 1989's second reunion film, "Bionic Showdown."

There were iconic moments throughout The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. All these characters I've pointed out here have earned their place in Bionic fandom. It would be great to see them represented in action figure form. But whatever happens, I'm grateful to Bif Bang Pow! for helping to bring the Bionic universe into the 21st century. Thanks!
      Last edited by Bionicfans; Oct 14, '11, 10:35 PM. Reason: Corrected links
      Paul K. Bisson
      FACEBOOK: BIONICFANS | Facebook
      BIONICFANS: The Bionic Fan Network
      TWITTER: http://twitter.com/bionicfans
      YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/bionicfans
      THE BIONIC WIKI: The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman
      sigpic

Comment

• bobws
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 13, 2008

OK, so for this to keep going and not hit a Zica problem, is it best for all of us to preorder these as they get posted? so you can see how much they are wanted, or can we wait until produced and buy them up then?
        "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

are there any pics of steve austin?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by starsky
            are there any pics of steve austin?
            Only Bigfoot was on display, no one else from SMDM.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Corellian Corvette
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 27, 2004

That's the Twilight Zone body - and I was going to do that EXACT custom using a CTVT Andre Head, but I could not get that suit to take brown dye.

Good job. When are we going to see Steve? I have to know if I should sell all my customs
              Like M.A.S.K.?
              www.albertpenello.com/mask

Comment

• livnxxxl
                Megoholic RocketScientist
                • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Corellian Corvette
                That's the Twilight Zone body - but I could not get that suit to take brown dye.
                I had been working on that off and on for some time. I also had the same issue at first. I got mine to finally take the dye. I am doing a custom Chewbacca. People catch on pretty fast in the Mego customs Department. Looks like my secret is out.
                Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• mars396
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Sep 14, 2007

swapable Mission Arms and Legs, please !

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Can't really do that with Mego-type bodies.
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎