X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1974: We never got the Bend N Flex Carry Case

Ok so it’s hardly a tragedy, but out of everything proposed for the World’s Greatest Superheroes*for 1974**this was the*only*item *not produced and I* want one. *1974 was a crazy year for Mego and peoples with capes, we got two new waves*including super*heroines and vile villains for them to beat up.

We got Batmobiles, Batcycles, Batcaves and the crazy weirdness that is the Supervator. And neatest of all, we got expansion of the theme with banks, talking “Super Softie” Plush creations and the aformentioned super fun (and highly underrated) Bend N Flex lines. So be sure to check out today’s entry into 1975 Revisited, the World’s Greatest Superheroes!

More...
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I'm pretty sure I'd have wanted one back then. I had a couple of the BNFs.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I think the action figure carrying case was very much a product of our generation. Who didn't take their Mego figures with them when they went to slumber parties or stay at a friend's house for the day? Better yet, how about those vacation trips in the back of the family station wagon? The carrying case served many a purpose when kids actually moved around and had fun. Today's kids sit, like zombies, in front of a television screen playing games or text nonstop. It's very sad. The art of working your imagination is dead.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Not so. My kids take boatloads of toys with them on trips. My son fills up a whole back-pack! So imagination isn't totally dead. Parents just need to learn the amount of TV and video game town, and the imagination will fill in the blanks!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Always good to hear one family keeping the dream alive! Very cool!

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

My house is crazy with the Star Wars and Lego mini figures, we allow but limit video game play here, most parents that I know do.

One of my son's friends is obsessed with Justice League, I like him the best.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• wyatterb
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 2, 2001

I just wish they still made figure carrying cases. The shoe boxes that my kids use for Star Wars and Imaginext figures just don't hold up well.

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                One of my son's friends is obsessed with Justice League, I like him the best.
                Hopefully your son picks up on this and learns what he needs to do if really wants to gain Dad's favor

As for the carry case, its funny how much I want one seeing it now. Had it actually been produced, I know it would be one of those items I'd "get around to." In other words, they'd probably be relatively inexpensive and, like the WGSH case, I'd pick one up if it presented itself on the cheap.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Hopefully your son picks up on this and learns what he needs to do if really wants to gain Dad's favor
                  Oh we had good years when he was superhero obsessed but now it's all about the Jedi and Lego mini figures, at least I anjoy one of those things

As for the carry case, its funny how much I want one seeing it now. Had it actually been produced, I know it would be one of those items I'd "get around to." In other words, they'd probably be relatively inexpensive and, like the WGSH case, I'd pick one up if it presented itself on the cheap.
                  I think most people would be lukewarm on it had it been produced, I'm a huge fan of Bendy figures in general so I'm kind of a minority.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

We do a bit of car time, since we are rural but next to a big city. Load up a backpack full of books and toys every time.

A carrying case/playset would be sweet tho. How much are those DeeDah cubes?

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Hmmm, with all the customizers here I'm sure someone could make that carrying case. I wouldn't mind one myself
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• kresge1
                        Museum_Bozo
                        • Jun 20, 2001

I love the bendies...i would have definitely wanted this
                        Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                          To Fear is Not Logical...
                          • Feb 17, 2008

I used to like to decorate the shoe boxes I kept my figures or other toys in, so I never had much interest in carrying cases back then. Plus, shoe boxes could hold more bendies then that prototype.
                          It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎