X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luey
    Treasure Hunter
    • Jun 17, 2001

Kingsport, TN Toy Show ??

Saw it on craigslist, 10-3 Saturday 24th @ Civic Auditorium.. anybody going or know anything about it? How big? Thanks! ~luey
    Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by luey
    Saw it on craigslist, 10-3 Saturday 24th @ Civic Auditorium.. anybody going or know anything about it? How big? Thanks! ~luey
    This is the first I've heard of it too. I'll check around and see who's putting it on. I went to one a few months ago in Bristol, TN put on by Mountain Empire Comics. They have a comic store here in Johnson City and one in Bristol. This past one wasn't a bad show 80% comics and the rest was newer toys. I did see a couple of Megos (semi-naked Robin $35 and a naked NFL Team Mates figure for $65). A good selction of comics but wayyyyyy overpriced! I'll check into this one and post what I find out here.

Comment

• luey
      Treasure Hunter
      • Jun 17, 2001

I appreciate it, I was thinking about making the drive up and maybe even set up, just wasn't sure about it... Have a ton of stuff to move!

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Spoke with Eric Collins today. He's the guy putting the show on. Said he's expecting about 70-75 tables setting up right now. Mentioned that he's had a lot of people ask about vintage toys but is unsure of what will actually be there. Said he's had Megos and other vintage items there in the past. Tables are $25, admission is $3 per person and kids under 6 free. Show is at the Kingsport (Tennessee) Civic Auditorium from 10-3.
        For those in this area or around SC, VA or NC check out Purgatory Comics site for other show dates. PURGATORY COMICS SHOWS

Comment

• luey
          Treasure Hunter
          • Jun 17, 2001

I will be there with TONS of Megos, Star Wars, BIG JIM, Indiana Jones, CApt. ACtion, etc etc... thanks Tim! Greg

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

Wish I could be there Greg. Enjoy.

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

good luck! wow $25 for a table? that's sweet! tables over here are $85!!

Comment

• scifiguy94
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2009

Got excited when I saw SC, but surely they know Charlotte is in NC. Guess just a typo.

Comment

• luey
                  Treasure Hunter
                  • Jun 17, 2001

show was pretty much a bust for me... although, I enjoyed seeing some people I haven't seen in awhile, no buys but sold a couple of pieces... Nice drive up and I ate hotdogs at a local spot called PALS... Missed you Tim, couldn't make it?

Comment

• Marvelmania
                    A Ray of Sunshine
                    • Jun 17, 2001

Wish it would have went better for you! I just don't think they got the word out on the show very much. A couple of comic stores in the area never heard anything until the last moment.
                    Yeah, my niece was a little late coming in and by the time I had the chance to head that way it was already 3:30. Isn't there a show in Gatlinberg around this time of year?

Comment

• luey
                      Treasure Hunter
                      • Jun 17, 2001

There is a Horror Con next weekend in Gatlinburg, may go up Sunday.... lot of Horror guests there

Comment

• septembergurls
                        • May 4, 2010

a bust, luey?!?

you sold me that conan boxed, plus you sold a 6MDM oscar and bigfoot. and best of all, you had that delicious goodness known as pal's. that was worth the trip right there.

p.s. except for luey's table and the CA robin the guy next to him had, the show was pretty terrible. a bunch of lame MOTU and transformers stuff.

Comment

• generic
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by Marvelmania
                          ...Isn't there a show in Gatlinberg around this time of year?
                          Originally posted by luey
                          There is a Horror Con next weekend in Gatlinburg, may go up Sunday.... lot of Horror guests there
                          Yep, it's called HORROR WEEKEND (horrorweekend.com). $20 per day or $30 for Saturday and Sunday (doors open at 10:00 am). There's a sold out VIP event on Friday night at The Hard Rock Cafe, but if you're eating dinner there around 9:00, you can see the celebs coming in and watch the band at 10:00 for free. The main convention is Saturday and Sunday and includes vendors, celebs, live music and film screenings (plus a Scream Queen contest). I'll be there for the whole weekend.
                          Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• luey
                            Treasure Hunter
                            • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by septembergurls
                            you sold me that conan boxed, plus you sold a 6MDM oscar and bigfoot. and best of all, you had that delicious goodness known as pal's. that was worth the trip right there.

p.s. except for luey's table and the CA robin the guy next to him had, the show was pretty terrible. a bunch of lame MOTU and transformers stuff.
                            I used to do a lot more back in the day, so although I do appreciate a few sales, I miss the old days Nice meeting you BTW!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎