X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego of the Week : I'll get them Dukes!

Or will I? Today on Mego of the Week we look at the 3 ¾” line from Dukes of Hazzard. I’ve always wanted to collect this line but have you ever seen the prices on ebay for Daisy’s Jeep, Roscoe’s Police Car or the boys General Lee? Makes you wonder if someone is drinking too much of Uncle Jesses’ white lightning. For more information on this piece visit the Dukes page at the MegoMuseum. –ScottA

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I had the 3 3/4" General Lee as a kid, but mine came with Bo and Luke. I also had the 8" figures and a Jeep that worked for that Daisy (complete with eagle) and a General Lee that ALMOST worked for the 8" Duke boys. The roof of the car was a little tight to slide them through the windows, but I made it work.

YEE-HAW!!!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Orion
      Museum Night Watchman
      • Mar 11, 2008

I recently got into this line and right now I'm just hunting for a Daisy Duke. (If anyone has input on what I should expect to pay for her, please let me know.) I actually went after them before the 8 inch figures for some reason - I think it is because they have some cool vehicles to go with this set. I've seen some pretty high prices on eBay for the carded figures. I actually got my figures carded for about $34 a piece. (The Duke boys cost me a little less than that.) Not sure what Daisy will end up running me. With respect to the vehicles, I have only grabbed the General Lee loose so far.

Comment

• DocDrako
        Formerly Doc Drako
        • Nov 11, 2004

You know, after seeing that General Lee, I just realized I got one at The Salvation Army in the late 80's and used it with my GI Joes (even Joes need a ride when they're off duty). Sad thing is, I think I destroyed it with my pellet gun (along with most every 3 3/4" Star Wars & GI Joe action figure & vehicle I had) in the 90's.

I'm lame.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

i love this line! i wish they did one for starsky and hutch as well!

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

I really do want to get this line at some point.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

bought them loose!

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

I only have the General Lee loose so far.

Cyuuugggh-yeeuugh-yeeuughh!

Comment

• boynightwing
                  That Carl Guy
                  • Apr 24, 2002

This is one of my favorite childhood toys. It came with both Duke boys. Sadly too many trips down the stairs left the General Lee in bad shape and it had to be thrown out. I still have the blonde duke (Pa Kent) and Boss Hog.

Comment

• VintageMike
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2004

I had Bo & Luke and I think that was it. By the time they came out (or at least when I had them) it at the age were it became partially uncool to be playing with toys.
                    Looking at it now, especially as a fan of the show I love that more characters and the vehicles got produced.

Comment

• Boshek
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 26, 2011

I had every small figure and the General Lee. In fact, I think I got several Bo and Lukes since they broke and had to be replaced.

The large figures I had Boss, Bo and Luke.
                      Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• Orion
                        Museum Night Watchman
                        • Mar 11, 2008

This has probably been shared before, but I came across this commercial for the 3.75 Dukes figures. Quality not the greatest, but still fun to see: http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/8134/

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I'm not sure I've ever seen that before, cool!

To be honest with you, the Dukes line kind of depressed me as a kid. I'd look at the 8 inch figures and get all nostalgic for Star Trek, Planet of the Apes and Superheroes (which had all but disappeared in my area by '82). Fortunately that nostalgia passed and had no lasting effect on my adult life.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Orion
                            Museum Night Watchman
                            • Mar 11, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I'm not sure I've ever seen that before, cool!

To be honest with you, the Dukes line kind of depressed me as a kid. I'd look at the 8 inch figures and get all nostalgic for Star Trek, Planet of the Apes and Superheroes (which had all but disappeared in my area by '82). Fortunately that nostalgia passed and had no lasting effect on my adult life.
                            I totally understand that. I never got the Duke figures as a kid. Not sure I recall even seeing them in the toy store.

But I do have strong memories of trying to replace some of my broken WGSH figures, probably just after or while Mego was in its decline, and being disappointed that I couldn't find the figures on the toy shelves. As a kid, I just expected the toys to still be available and was disappointed I had no luck finding them. If I had seen the 8 inch Dukes sitting on the shelves instead, I probably would have been stunned.

Comment

• VintageMike
                              Permanent Member
                              • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by Orion
                              I totally understand that. I never got the Duke figures as a kid. Not sure I recall even seeing them in the toy store.

But I do have strong memories of trying to replace some of my broken WGSH figures, probably just after or while Mego was in its decline, and being disappointed that I couldn't find the figures on the toy shelves. As a kid, I just expected the toys to still be available and was disappointed I had no luck finding them. If I had seen the 8 inch Dukes sitting on the shelves instead, I probably would have been stunned.
                              With me it kind of ended up tying together. Because they had the same bodies but I couldn't replace my beloved Mego Spider-Man, I sacrificed Bo Duke to repair him.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎