X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Who here truly "collects them ALL"?

Most of us are fans of certain lines (POTA, Trek) and try to collect all of those including variations, but which members here are truly Mego Company fans that go for everything Mego? Including Happy Days, Waltons, etc?

I can help loving most of the lines Mego released, and getting a Mego, any Mego, is still a great feeling. How can you refuse a cheap Mego "in the wild"?

I'm going for the Western and Pirates lines now, not the Big Guns lines like Trek or WGSH, but great fun anyway. As a kid, I had (and still have) all the Knights, but Galahad died in combat, so that one is on the list, too.

Who here is going for ALL of them?
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • jemboy2004
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2005

I've always loved the WGSH and 12" Cher types but recently I've been wanting them all! I've been buying the OZ figures and even wanting Trek and POA lately too. I've even been wanting the walton's!

Comment

• spidey68
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 3, 2009

At first i was just going after the superheros then i thought now my main set is complete i will go after the other lines as well.And your right theres no better feeling then capturing a mego from the wild.So yes put me down as someone whos gonna try for them all......

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

I love everything Mego Favorite toy company ever!! their whole line is worth collecting Hell I even have the big Candi dolls......

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

I collect them all - all lines and all sizes. I even have Fashion Candi, Jordache, Clown Arounds and even things from Mego before the WGSH came out.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• ddgaff1132
            Persistent Member
            • Oct 3, 2007

So far as the 8" stuff is concerned. I have at least one from every line. I would like to expand and continue. Economics seems to be the barrier though. Then I think of the whole of what MEGO encompasses. Micronaut's, The 3.75, 9 and 12 inch lines and other misc MEGO and foreign Items. I think it would take more than one lifetime to achieve a total MEGO collection. Lord knows. Id' love to win the powerball and give it a try
            Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

I never thought about collecting them all until recently. I mostly collect Star Trek, POTA and WGSH, but lately I've been venturing out. More than likely I'll be collecting them all.
              Sammy

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Not at first but when you find them cheap enough or you get something in a lot,then you do. Heck,I planned on holding off on getting Robin Hood and his gang until a little later on but those plans changed when I got a Little John in an Action Jackson lot I bought.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

i like everything if the price is right
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• tkbk848
                    Mego World Traveler
                    • May 2, 2010

Mostly a trek guy here but I have lots from most lines. As it was posted earlier, it could take a life time to complete every mego out there. But really that's the fun if it all!!!!
                    Sell me your stuff..“Resistance is futile”

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

So far, I was aiming mainly at the Fantasy/SF genre (Trek, Heroes, Apes), but the kid in me has always loved knights and pirates and cowboys, so I find them impossible to resist. I don't think I'll ever go for Happy Days, Waltons, etc.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

Actually as far as figures go, I'm done. Though that might have been different had the retro-action stuff made some more of the Batman line. Accessories I still want, and the Mission to Gamma 6 playset, but I'm content w/ what I have.
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Too little space and too much stuff I have no interest in. I don't care who makes it, I have zero interest in stuff like Love Boat and Captain and Tennile figures.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• piecemaker
                            There's no need to fear..
                            • Jan 26, 2009

I dont want to collect Every line Mego made as some of it just has no appeal to me.I have stuff from at least a dozen Mego lines,not including a couple Foreign "Mego" lines,plus a few different Megolike lines,custom Megos and then a couple ReMego lines that i like,so i have my hands full with all the different lines i like.

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

at first i tried to collect them all but had to start drawing the line because funds starting getting low and some of the stuff was just not appealing to me like the waltons, little rascals, cher, and some others although they were very well made.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎