X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Auction Watch: Carded WGSH Collection

A rather astonishing collection of carded Mego World’s Greatest Super Heros figures appeared on eBay this week. 2nd issue cards including rare versions of Catwoman and Aquaman along with a number of 1st issue (aka Kresge) cards.

We contacted the seller for more information. The collection belonged to a big time fan of MEGO named Kenneth Langiano ( e-bay user miner_t_ames). Mr Langiano was a kidney dialysis patient for 32 years, and as a diversion from his health issues he had amassed a large collection of vintage toys (a number of carded Kenner Star Wars figures are also in the same auction). Sadly, he had passed away this last December and he left his extraordinary collection to his mother. Although she has a great love for his collection and the many wondrous things he had accumulated, she would like for true collectors to have the chance to enjoy these toys as much as her son had. We extend our sympathies to his family and the sincere hope that his collection finds it way to good homes.

The toys can be found for sale on e-bay under AmesToys and more will be added soon including Star Trek, Monsters, and more.

More...
    Last edited by megoscott; Jun 30, '11, 8:55 AM.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Wow. How sad. Reminds me of my friend's dad who recently passed. HUGE Batman fan with a basement filled with vintage Batman items from Ideal to Mego to McDonalds. I'm going to try and post some of that stuff in the marketplace to interested parties. So much to go through though. He does have a near mint specimen of Mego Robin in the box. Everything original right down to the emblem.

Last edited by MIB41; Jun 30, '11, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

That is one nice looking Aquaman.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Type Two
        Career Member
        • Sep 20, 2010

FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS for Aquaman? I have a lot of disposable income, but would have a hard time justifying that much on ONE item... . Best of luck to the lady, though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1976-AQUA-MAN-VERY-RARE-MEGO-WGSH-/320721121417?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aac77 f089
        Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
          Career Member
          • Nov 27, 2009

Beautiful stuff. Always nice to see.
          If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• wilbs518
            Mego Collector
            • Jul 25, 2009

Nice collection!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎