X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

MR SPOCK boldly went

Mike aka Mego73 started a Mego christmas post, this is a little follow up, as i write this standing along side my computer screen is a type1 MR SPOCK the same one i got from my grand mother back in Christmas 75, he has seen a lot of action more action then any other Mego i every owned, he explored my back yard he battled my friend Lizard action figure who was out of the lab coat and armed with Urko's knife and was refered to as a gorn, he also met up with my friends dreadful mad monster the Mummy and a bulky short bad tempered green guy who would only say Hulk smash he also beamed down to the planet of the apes and the land of the giants meeting GI JOE and had run ins with Harry Mudd aka action jackson and had many more adventures, if only he could talk or his tricorder really recorded what happened, but here he stands 32 years this christmas, the foil is long gone his shirt is dirty he was restrong last month but he still stand with his trusty tricorder and armed with his phaser and com
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

That is awesome.
    I love hearing this sort of stuff. It is great to hear that people still have their original Mego's, I for one, have nothing, in fact the only childhood toys I have in my collection is 5 vintage star wars fig's and 2 He-man figures. Every thing Mego I have is long gone, in fact even the memories of Mego is long gone, all I remember is having a bendy riddler and my whole family claims that I would take him every where. I don't think I need to tell you to hang onto that spock for the rest of your life.
    I the Monster Hero

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
      Banned
      • Oct 17, 2007

toys like that are worth more than anything else by far.

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Definately. More valuable than any Zorro, Romulan or whatever else you might pick up as a collector today. It's so cool that you have one from your youth that and you remember his adventures so clearly.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 10, 2006

How very true, even though i have an unopen carded Mr Spock and a loose minty one, the one buy my computer means a lot to me, he reminds me of my grand mother who passed away in the summer of 88, i'm reminded of a simpler time playing with my friends in the back yard, not my rarest or most vauable dollar wise but is priceless to me, so many memories guess that's why i left him as is except for the restring as he was falling apart , a piece of my childhood priceless and one figure i will never part with

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

That's such a cool story. It's nice to have such wonderful memories of a beloved toy. I have moved a lot, so I don't have many of my originals left, but I have my memories. It's great that Spock has never left your side.

Do you have any pics of any of the adventures that you and Spock shared?
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍